Hillside boer goats 20-21 kidding

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Hillsideboers, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Hillsideboers

Hillsideboers Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Iowa
    I definitely want to keep her!! But hubby keeps reminding me everyday that I can’t keep them all, I’m really not sure where he got that crazy idea!
    Don’t mind my roughness it was an earlier, very cold morning, and no her ears aren’t folded they were still wet in the pic they are laying perfectly now.
    95026BBB-7F7E-4099-917F-72E66A990ABA.jpeg

2. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Both of you are such beauties

3. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Beautiful doeling, and beautiful picture of both of you!
    Congratulations!

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  4. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Shes got dapples..like dimples..guaranteed cuteness! You.BOTH look GREAT! Shes a keeper! :love:

Hillsideboers and MadHouse like this.
  5. Hillsideboers

Sep 1, 2019
    Iowa
  6. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  8. Hillsideboers

Sep 1, 2019
    Iowa
    Stormy is going to be the death of me! Today is day 156 ugh!!! No goo ligaments are loose pretty soft maybe? It’s hard to tell on her she doesn’t want me to touch her. She obviously pregnant and close but this wait!!! She was definitely due 12/26/20 she was preg checked day 32 so I’m pretty positive of her due date. This is my first time kidding her, second pregnancy so maybe she normally goes over? I’m just not sure. I was hoping she would kid while I have my week off from work but we’re getting close to the end of that. I’m WAY too impatient for this!
    933E0534-BE61-4258-8165-6347A07D1ABD.jpeg 06DF25C8-D789-4AEF-9E12-180A80AC9367.jpeg

9. MadHouse

I can totally understand your impatience! :waiting:
    Get going, Stormy! It’s too your own benefit to hurry up.

Iluvlilly! and Moers kiko boars like this.
  10. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    I wouldn't even guess that Stormy was imminent based on her udder! Silly doe. I think 156 is the latest any of my Boers & crosses have gone. Maybe I've had a 157 if I dug out my records.

Best wishes

11. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Oh...that was.my Chevy last year. She earned her name " low rider". Her teats were 1 inch from the ground. In fact I took her to the vet. He reminded.me 150 is an estimate. Just like humans..some go early...some go late. On day 160..she kidded twin bucklings. So I do understand. :waiting: I am not a patient person. But in some situations...I have no choice..lol lol Just watch her..see how she does...good.luck!

12. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Well Stormy.... we’re waiting!
    Come on girl, if you want momma to hold your hoof you’d better get a move on!

13. Hillsideboers

Sep 1, 2019
    Iowa
    So here we are day 157. My husband and I were talking last night and I’m not sure what to think. Stormy was preg checked bred at 32 days. But looking back at our notes we did run the buck with some does for two weeks in Sept, these are my does that are due in February. Stormy was an escape artist and wouldn’t stay were she was supposed to. Sooooo maybe she aborted, we didn’t know about it and she’s really due in February?? She was never marked by the buck. She’s not uncomfortable, or anything so just maybe, I guess we wait and see? I’m not sure what else to do...

14. Hillsideboers

Sep 1, 2019
    Iowa
    Well rough night for me last night. Stormy finally kidded but I would say it was my worst kidding experience to date. She started labor but wasn't progressing, I checked her and she wasn’t Dilating and the water bag was trying to get through. I manually dilated her and gave her about 15 min to work on her own, but nothing. I went it and found legs. Baby was backwards and I could tell it was already dead. I tried for about 30 minutes but the baby was stuck and from what I could tell just wasn’t right. Stormy was tried and sore but I had to get this kid out. I ended up calling the vet. It was down to we try and get this baby out in one piece or caesarean. The vet felt around, baby was basically in a ball, it was backwards, front legs crossed and curled under and head in between the front legs. He tried to pull it out and the back legs broke off but luckily after about 30 min of working slow he was able to get the rest of the baby out in one piece. Baby was big and deformed.

stormy is very sore this morning but I think she’ll be ok, we’re antibiotics and pain killers, just trying to make her comfortable. The vet didn’t feel any tears inside but wasn’t positive that he didn’t hurt her. Well watch her closely and hope for the best.

15. MadHouse

So sorry to hear about this!
    Sending prayers for Stormy.:hug:
    Did she pass the placenta, are you positive there are no other babies?

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  16. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Oh I am sorry Stormy had such a difficult delivery and baby was stillborn. Sending love and prayers

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  17. Hillsideboers

Sep 1, 2019
    Iowa
    She cleaned last night just check on her another water bag and kid coming. Again feels deformed from what I can tell inside. Called vet going to have him get it out.

18. Jasmine E Degroat

Jasmine E Degroat Active Member

Dec 17, 2020
    California
    Im sorry for the loss of the kids and the rough kidding with stormy sending lots of love

19. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Oh Im sorry for all this . I had a rough time with 1 doe...but not near this.bad. i.hope misty is doing ok. How are you guys doing? Can you ask the vet what may have caused the deformity? If you think about it? Sending prayers for you guys. Keep us posted please

MadHouse likes this.