Hillside boer goats 20-21 kidding

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Hillsideboers, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Hillsideboers

Hillsideboers Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Iowa
    Today was another cold snowy day, only about a dusting of snow with a little ice and around 15 degree all day. I was getting a little stir crazy in the house so I decided to run through a few does a trim hooves. I did 8 does by myself and decided I was tried lol. I didn’t get to 3 bred does. They are just so heavy with kids and due on the 2nd, I didn’t want to stress them too much. I think I’ll try to get to my yearlings tomorrow, maybe...

This is Spots, she is due on Valentine’s Day. I wasn’t going to do her today since she has been very uncomfortable, with some mucus but she jumped right on the the stand, so why not!
    E7C25101-0980-4EAA-9DF3-D3259C7ED718.jpeg

Iluvlilly!, GoofyGoat and MadHouse like this.
  2. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Oh my, no wonder she’s uncomfortable, that’s a wide load she’s carrying poor girl.
    At least she’ll have a fresh manicure before delivery...ya know a girl has to look her best ;)

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Make sure she doesn’t have bloat going on there.
    Gently push on her high left side to see if it is firm/tight, if so, she will need something for bloat.
    With a bit of bloat, it will make it uncomfortable for her.

If her belly is soft, she is full of babies and OK.

Iluvlilly! and MadHouse like this.
  4. Hillsideboers

Sep 1, 2019
    Iowa
    Oh yes belly is nice and soft!
    previous owners said she has always had triplets so I think she’s just full of babies, or two big ones.

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  6. Hillsideboers

Sep 1, 2019
    Iowa
    And just on time!
    My second round of kidding has begun!
    I checked the does at 3 and nothing was happening, I got up at 5 and Flex and twin doe kids on the ground! They were dry, feed and she cleaned! Better pictures coming soon! Flex is very protective of her babies and I don’t enjoy getting bit

BF280FC1-CB7D-44D8-B7C7-4DBA8D1CC7F1.jpeg

7. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Awww! Congratulations! What a nice ground hogs day present..I guess Flex saw her shadow having kids so she went for it too lol :)
    Two does at that JACKPOT!

8. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Wow, congratulations! Flex sounds like she is fiercely independent! Good for you and her, minus the almost getting bit part.
    Happy to hear about healthy twin doelings! :rungoat::rungoat:

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  10. Hillsideboers

Sep 1, 2019
    Iowa
    Thanks everyone!!
    They are only a few hours old but I’m loving them already!! Twin fullblood, dapple headed girls is a definite win in my books!
    3E674503-E3CB-4A45-843E-1B8C54A6A284.jpeg

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  12. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Well-Known Member

Congratulations, and yay for doelings! They are precious! Hoping for easy kiddings from the rest of your girls too!

13. Hillsideboers

Sep 1, 2019
    Iowa
    Well Star kidded late last night two beautiful purebred (97%) boys! Of course is was -11 below and I was up all night trying to keep them warm and tummies full. The red paint is doing great he’s out with mom but are little dapple isn’t doing so hot. I can’t keep him warm. He’s currently in the house under a hairdryer. I’m hoping he perks up soon. It’s only supposed to be a high of 4 today! Ugh!!
    6BB0C498-2434-4DE1-9AA0-03A0CAE22650.jpeg 483C3B19-FD06-4FE5-8B40-0230FD2D5E96.jpeg

14. MadHouse

Aww! I hope the little dapple will perk up. That is crazy cold for newborns. Good luck!

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree and those are adorable kids.

16. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Brrrr!
    They’re adorable. I hope your dapple gets his temp sure and steady soon so he can be with his brother and mom.
    Congratulations

17. Hillsideboers

Sep 1, 2019
    Iowa
    Thanks everyone! The dapple is doing great! He stayed with my mother in law for the day since I had to work. I took him back to his mother tonight, she’s a little unsure but she is letting him nurse.

18. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Well-Known Member

Poor babies! They are so pretty! Glad the Dapple is doing better! I'm sure he will be happy to see his Mom and sibling again. :inlove:

19. Hillsideboers

Sep 1, 2019
    Iowa
    I have truly been blessed with girls this year!! Two more born today!! Opal gave me two black dapple girls. The little one with the bottle is tiny and Opal doesn’t care for her so she will get to stay in the house with use as a bottle baby. The dapple boy from yesterday will join her as his mother doesn’t like him.
    9 girls and 3 boys born here! Two more does to go!
    126CF4B5-82B2-4A12-8E6B-61789CF76FE2.jpeg 5052E9FB-5C39-4228-A17B-F83214135A3F.jpeg

20. MadHouse

Congratulations on two more sweetie pies!
    I can’t believe someone is able to not like a baby goat. Good for the two to have each other though!

Iluvlilly! and GoofyGoat like this.