The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I think it is more a process of elimination that actual checking for them. But may e the vet can ultrasound them a d tell? I dunno. I have not had to deal with it so not done much research on it. Kinda of... if a doe has quick cycles, not settling, not overweight, proper feed and mineral regime... stuff like that.... then you try the process to clear it up and see if it works.

But if she is not hunching then he is not hitting the x marks the right spot i would wonder about too.

Eta.... ooooo... have you tried giving BoSe? Maybe she needs a boost of selenium? Selenium def can cause fertility issues in both bucks and does.
Thanks for all that!
They both should be ok for Selenium, as they have been on Replamin for a few months every week.
I will have the vet out next month, have him take blood for a test, and have a conversation about possible cysts.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Awwwwww! I can’t believe bees bred let alone got a wee bee udder...seems like she was just a baby a couple months ago...they grow up too darn fast! But awwww it’s so cute!

Where’s Crickies pics huh?

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
She was on the other side of the feeder nommin alfalfa. Mr. T and Bandy were bein brats wantin more loves. It took five tries to get Bees leetle udder. Baby G was grumblin at not one goat checkin out his strolle for safety... cause alfalfa hay is way more important than safety today doncha knows. He just smiles, chats and giggles at the goaties checkin him out. Hahaaha!

Crickie's is not a lot different than before. But i am noticing a little change in hers. It does not quiiiite look like two testicles hangin around anymore lol!

And omg i ran across some baby Bee and Slick pics a few days ago.... were they REALLY that little? And did they really terrorize my house!?!?! Lol! It DOES seem like a long time ago but also not a long time ago them being little.

This is Slick... her full brother from today. He is handsome and so long! He has been in the barn a few days. The peasants missed his pedi appt and he was limping. ;/. He had a lil hoof scald in between a toe. So he been livin it up recouping. I think he will go back out to tris tomorrow though. He seems to be doing much better today. It didn't help that the pedi lady also knicked him and made his hoof more sore. Oye!

3B7E8D96-DB76-49BC-8156-EF4CCFC041C2.jpeg

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Slick is lookin quite slick! He’s really a handsome dude all grown up.
Shame on his manicurist nipping at his toes...he deserves another day in comfort with breakfast served on a silver platter with hot bran mash and oatmeal molasses scones...hahaha
Ok, you can hug little G for me and get Crickies pics tomorrow ;)

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
(rofl)
770073B7-1BEE-4F17-9082-E4AB6590506F.jpeg
7CF08656-718B-4AE8-B9D7-319E1FAD9428.jpeg
@GoofyGoat more better? (dance):heehee: Bee's.... it JIGGLES when she walks now!!! (rofl)

and. Men drive me INSANE! Just an observation with only being awake a lil while this mornin and dealing with not one but TWO of them already. I think i might not be helpin with sammy's cows and just go home! They are allll just pissin me off this mornin. And it is way to early and cold for this nonsense.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Much more better lol :) Lookey at Bees little udder sooooo cute! Yay and Crickies is growin too!

Uh boy, they’re drivin you nuts huh.... I’m sorry. Tell them to get their keisters in gear and do something,... anything and give you a break ;)
(Not likely, but worth a shot lol)
Maybe send them out to play with D, slick and tris and clean their pen.... hahaha....that’ll learn them to give you a hard time...send them on a snipe hunt...anything might help.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Yes GoofyGoat, a snipe hunt would be perfect! :clever:

Sfgwife, will be dealing with those darn fool menfolk real soon myself. I just want them to do their grunt work, complete the task at hand, not give me any lip, and then leave happily with the home cooked grub they are charging for their help. Since it is my Son and a Grand, they are somewhat trained to my ways and that helps. (rofl)

21 - 40 of 165 Posts