The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok seeing my first young yrling doe in heat today. Got me thinking. How do you look at the hips and see i there ready? She is 7 almost 8 months and 40 pounds think i will wait tell her next heat to breed her at 8 months. But how do i look at her and figure she will be ready? I always look at body mass and be sure she looks mature. But she is my first doe that has the slim dairy figure, wider set escutcheon area and as tall as my adults. She is Nigerian and cant wait to see her kids.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
if she has a wide escutcheon then go ahead and breed her, but would wait untill november or december to give her a little more growing time and warmer weather to kid.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have 3 does bred. Hydee is due in December. Then a mini mancha and hopefully ocean a nigerian will be due in February. Plan to get all my kids born by April. Shows for me start in May and i dont want to worry about any kiddings then.
I perfer winter kidding less worm problems just stick them in a stall with a heat lamp they will be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts