The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 year old Boer nanny that produced triplets this year. Towards the end of her pregnancy, it was evident she was carrying multiples. It was really taking a toll on her and we just hoped she could deliver them. She did and then we decided to pull the babies and bottle feed them as to not stress her any more. She is a hardy keeper and looks good. Only problem she has now is her hips/pelvis area makes a awful popping noise when she walks. She does rest a lot more, but It doesn’t seem to bother her. Anyone has this problem? I really don’t want to cull her.

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
I have a 3 year old Boer nanny that produced triplets this year. Towards the end of her pregnancy, it was evident she was carrying multiples. It was really taking a toll on her and we just hoped she could deliver them. She did and then we decided to pull the babies and bottle feed them as to not stress her any more. She is a hardy keeper and looks good. Only problem she has now is her hips/pelvis area makes a awful popping noise when she walks. She does rest a lot more, but It doesn't seem to bother her. Anyone has this problem? I really don't want to cull her.
When did she kid? Do you test for cae?

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
5,746 Posts
I give 1 of my girls vit E. Squirt it in her mouth. It seems to help her knees not pop so much. Shes cae negative too. Just noisy when she walks.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Poor girl! I feel for her, you should hear my poor hips especially when I get up after sitting cross legged lol
Ok seriously though I’m really not sure what’s up with her. If it doesn’t bother her I probably wouldn’t be overly concerned, but it is very odd. Have you had her her whole life? Meaning no previous injury that you know of?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Poor girl! I feel for her, you should hear my poor hips especially when I get up after sitting cross legged lol
Ok seriously though I'm really not sure what's up with her. If it doesn't bother her I probably wouldn't be overly concerned, but it is very odd. Have you had her her whole life? Meaning no previous injury that you know of?
I got her about a year ago. No injuries that I know of? I'm wonder if a trip to a goos chiropractor might do her some good.

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
You can put give borax to her there's a thread on popping knees that has the dosage. I took one of my wethers to a chiropractor and it helped him with his shoulder when it was misaligned.
Exercise and walking will also help too.
How long ago did she kid? It might take a while before they are tightened up from all the extra hormones she produced with her pregnancy too. Goats loosen up to kid maybe she's got to get rid of the excess hormones from Kidding and drying up first.
I think I'd keep an eye on things and re-evaluate in a week.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
As long as she isn’t in pain, I wouldn’t be too extremely concerned. The ligaments around the pelvis relax during birth, so she might just need some time.

If she goes off feed or refuses to get up, then I would contact your vet.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Sounds like - what is it in English - pelvic joint pain? Some of my goats had it, but not as bad as you describe. How is it, those of you who have delivered human kids to this world, have you any information as to how it feels, and what to do about it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts