Hips out of place?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Lyndilu2, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Lyndilu2

Lyndilu2 New Member

Mar 16, 2014
    I have a 3 year old Boer nanny that produced triplets this year. Towards the end of her pregnancy, it was evident she was carrying multiples. It was really taking a toll on her and we just hoped she could deliver them. She did and then we decided to pull the babies and bottle feed them as to not stress her any more. She is a hardy keeper and looks good. Only problem she has now is her hips/pelvis area makes a awful popping noise when she walks. She does rest a lot more, but It doesn’t seem to bother her. Anyone has this problem? I really don’t want to cull her.

Trollmor likes this.
  2. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    When did she kid? Do you test for cae?

Moers kiko boars likes this.

3. Lyndilu2

Lyndilu2 New Member

Mar 16, 2014
    She Kidded in Jan. CAE negative

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  4. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Did she have a hard delivery?

Moers kiko boars and Sfgwife like this.
  5. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I give 1 of my girls vit E. Squirt it in her mouth. It seems to help her knees not pop so much. Shes cae negative too. Just noisy when she walks.

MadHouse likes this.
  6. Lyndilu2

Lyndilu2 New Member

Mar 16, 2014
    No.. unassisted. It like her hips popped out of place, but she can still walk, doesn’t seem in any pain.

7. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    MadHouse and Lyndilu2 like this.
  8. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Poor girl! I feel for her, you should hear my poor hips especially when I get up after sitting cross legged lol
    Ok seriously though I’m really not sure what’s up with her. If it doesn’t bother her I probably wouldn’t be overly concerned, but it is very odd. Have you had her her whole life? Meaning no previous injury that you know of?

Lyndilu2 likes this.
  9. Lyndilu2

Lyndilu2 New Member

Mar 16, 2014
    I got her about a year ago. No injuries that I know of? I’m wonder if a trip to a goos chiropractor might do her some good.

10. Lyndilu2

Lyndilu2 New Member

Mar 16, 2014
  11. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    You can put give borax to her there's a thread on popping knees that has the dosage. I took one of my wethers to a chiropractor and it helped him with his shoulder when it was misaligned.
    Exercise and walking will also help too.
    How long ago did she kid? It might take a while before they are tightened up from all the extra hormones she produced with her pregnancy too. Goats loosen up to kid maybe she's got to get rid of the excess hormones from Kidding and drying up first.
    I think I'd keep an eye on things and re-evaluate in a week.

CountyLineAcres likes this.
  12. CountyLineAcres

CountyLineAcres Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    As long as she isn’t in pain, I wouldn’t be too extremely concerned. The ligaments around the pelvis relax during birth, so she might just need some time.

If she goes off feed or refuses to get up, then I would contact your vet.

Lyndilu2 and GoofyGoat like this.
  13. Trollmor

Trollmor Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Goatless in Sweden
    Sounds like - what is it in English - pelvic joint pain? Some of my goats had it, but not as bad as you describe. How is it, those of you who have delivered human kids to this world, have you any information as to how it feels, and what to do about it?

Lyndilu2 and GoofyGoat like this.
  14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Chiropractor or vet.

Get xrays and see what is going on there.

Lyndilu2 likes this.