The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Please forgive me for seeking advice through the other forums before introducing myself and my 'herd'. My fiance' and I recently acquired two Alpine nannies; one FF and one doe (she's already been in milking, and we plan to let her have another kid). So cute and so much...personality :)

Well, about us - we live in a small village community outside a college town in north Mississippi. I'm a sign language interpreter, graduate student, and (as of this week) graduate instructor in the Intensive English Program at the university. My better half just received his Master's in German, is the administrative assistant to the Intensive English Program, and is earning a second Master's in Business Administration. We have three dogs (two mini dachshunds and a chihuahua), and African Grey parrot, 60 chickens, and a dozen ducks.

The topic of goats came up several months ago in casual conversation. Otherwise, I don't think either one of us really put any more thought into the matter. Last weekend, however, one of my fiance's uncles mentioned having some spare fencing. Before I know it, a small enclosure was set up and he came home with two Alpine nannies! After much debate over names (Miss Celie & Nettie, Lucy & Ethel, Thelma & Louise, etc.) I settled with Blanche and Stella. Although, I'm starting to rethink it. They definitely have a Lucy & Ethel personality! We're slowly getting into the routine. It's proven interesting, to say the least, but all in all I think it's going to be a wonderful experience, and I think we're going to be able to give them lots of love.

Look forward to meeting everyone on the forums!

·
banda- Amy
76 Posts
Hello, I was looking for Alpine goats in Mississippi for 2014 and ran across your hello message. I too am from North Mississippi (Olive Branch) so glad to see a fellow Mississippian. And hello to dkparker there in Tupelo.

·
Registered
29,973 Posts
Welcome from central Texas

·
sister to goatszrule
1,904 Posts
:welcome:To The Goat Spot.
Your connection to anything goaty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts