The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Love my Goats ♥
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone its been a while since I was on here! I have a dilemma, well more of a question really. Our girl Maya was bred by our buck Reggie a few times back in the beginning of July. Well her vulva looked a little pinkish and had very minimal discharge today so I decided to put Reggie in with her to see what happens. He chased her around a bit and she didn't seem interested at all, she then went to eat her alfalfa pellets and as she was eating Reggie jumped on and did his deed. Now was she just more concerned with eating to care thst he mated her? She hasn't been flagging or vocal at all. When he bred her a few times back in July he was very successful and this time today he was too. Do yall think she could've been already pregnant from the July breeding? Will a pregnant goat let a buck breed her? I'm confused! Lol

·
Super Moderator
58,847 Posts
Some girls just give up, even if they are pregnant. I would write down the date but more than likely she is pregnant already. At least you have the dates so you know when to start watching for a birth.

·
Love my Goats ♥
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Karen I really appreciate it! She would be a month and a half along now if she settled, how soon could you really tell?

·
Love my Goats ♥
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She is a little over a year and a half but she is a tiny girl at only 15 in at the withers and our buck is 17 in at the withers, I just hope a pray for easy kidding with her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts