The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter is doing rabbits for 4-h. And finaly stumbled on a cute blue Holland lop buck. so where going in 2 weeks to pick him up and she will be picking out a doe on that day. So what colors will go best with blue? Or are they like Nigerians and u can get anything? Im thinking she will be picking out a broken colored one like a black and white she likes that color. Was shocked when she said she wanted this little blue guy. As she always told me she was going to get a broken color bunny.

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Awww. :)

Genetics are hard. But, if you want more blues, then you should get another blue. If you want broken and blues (maybe even broken blues) than you could get a broken anything. So, really, you just have to pair up the parents and ask yourself these questions. If you want a boatload of solids, you get both solid parents. If you want ALL broken babies, then you get a charlie and a solid. If you wantonly charlies, you get two charlies.

:)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guy looks like we won't be getting him. I found out the lady priced this bunnies out higher to me then she had them listed. When I told her about the price difference and I think Robin should get a breeding trio for her goat. The lady got upset and said we agreed on 2 for the goat. But with the price she had the bunnys listed for meant Robin would loss $30 on her goat. I thought people usually help a kid that starts 4-h not rip them of :(. Anyway a lady that has bought goats from me before has contacted and me and where in talks and it looks like Robin is getting a 2 yr old bred doe and a weaning doe. And 2 bucks for her goat. If this deal goes threw with robin will have a nice little rabbiitry business startup.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have different breeds & if you guys was any where close to Louisiana I'll help you're little girl out & I won't want her goat & you're right that's a shame what that lady did... I only have French lops with papers, but still I hope she finds her bunny are gets them bunny's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts