The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pregnant that is. She never came back into heat so I should have babies in Feb! Yay for me, also I started building the goat stanchion for her. The legs are 22 inches and or 20 inches I can't remember. Anyways, how tall should the head stall be? She's 20 inches at the shoulder and 19 months old so I don't think she'll get much taller.

·
Registered
265 Posts
First off, congrats on the hopeful pregnancy!!! Whoot!!! :D

As far as the stand, usually the feeder is set at shoulder height for your goats; the head slider is 'adjustable' meaning it's just a slot, so there is really no set height, aside from the fact that they feed at shoulder height. :wink:

Good luck building your milking stand...we built one years ago, and it served us well (still is serving my mom well). I know there are sites on the web that can give you detailed instructions on how to build one too, if you find yourself 'stuck'!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Also I put the roof on my goat shed I'm building. ALL BY MYSELF! And it's up to code and everything!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks you guys, anyways. I'm adapting plans for the stanchion now, and I'm painting it white, then going to put a red border on it. =)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts