The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the ruminant vet came today, he brought two students and another vet with him. Hollywood was dehorned and the whole procedure took about 15-20 minutes, and he woke up within a few minutes and was flirting with the girls again. And he did testing for CAE and Johnes and the total cost to test our entire herd (15 goats) was $40.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus $25.00 for disposables. They were awesome. Too bad I'm moving and won't ever need them again! Oh yeah and they gave me Epinephrine (SP?) for free too!

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See that's the thing it lookes like he was disbudded! Not gross AT ALL! I was so surprised, I've seen some yucky photos of dehorning. Hollywood gave me a scare tonight though, he was laying all the way down and breathing really shallow. But I gave him some Arnica and he actually escaped the pen he was in :leap: I am keeping an eye on him though (with my barn cam) and he is rooting around in the hay right now.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Are you sure you didn't miss a digit in that vet bill?!
Here's what mine wouldlook like:
Trip fee 65
Herd fee 100 per hour
blood draw 10.50 each
testing 8 each plus 15 group, just for cae
vacinations additional.
And de-horning, astronomical, like 65, now dis budding they will do for 8 w/out sedation.
Crazy for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts