The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been offering free hoof trims for anyone who needed their goats done in my area, and someone just contacted me about a ND buck they just got.
He is SOOO lucky he went to a new home. The folks that got him sound like really nice people, and eager to get him back on his feet! (LITERALLY!)
I get to go over and trim him in a few days....
I can't wait to get my hands on him!

I'll post before and after photos when done. :)

The photos attached are pictures that his new owner sent me...

Attachments

·
Registered
30,575 Posts
yiks...well he will be better when you get done with him..poor guy..better have your clippers sharpened..

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Yikes... Good grief, I'm surprised he's walking at all... Poor guy:) Good thing he is at a better home and that you are able to help him, yes get your trimmers sharpened....:)

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,082 Posts
You're doing a great service to these goats. Can't wait to see his hooves when you're done with them. :)

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Wow, such harsh judgments. You don't know anything about the previous owner or his/her circumstances, yet you pass judgement. Perhaps you might consider walking a mile in the previous owners shoes before condemning him/her. Of course, that is just a suggestion. :)

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Wow, such harsh judgments. You don't know anything about the previous owner or his/her circumstances, yet you pass judgement. Perhaps you might consider walking a mile in the previous owners shoes before condemning him/her. Of course, that is just a suggestion. :)
I don't see anyone on this thread being judgemental. They all stated that he would be better taken care of in his new home, which is undeniable. All that we know is that this fine young goat didn't have the hoof care he needed in his old home. Maybe his owner didn't know that hooves should be trimmed. Or, they had no idea how to clip a goat's hooves.

What really matters is that Abra is going to give this little guy a fabulous pedicure, and I cant wait to see pictures!! :D

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
It's not that hard to trim goat hooves... If you can't take care of them, don't keep them. I'm just glad Abra is getting his feet fixed up!

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I've seen a few horses and donkies like that also.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
I actually have a neighbor with a horse like that, he cut his tendons at the pasturn on one of his hooves doing a slide stop, and his hoof grew crazy and will never be able to be set right and corrected. It didn't heal properly, but he can still walk and run just fine.

·
Super Moderator
83,113 Posts
I see no harsh judgments at all here.

Anyone can trim hooves, it is easy, not like a horse or cow. Previous owners did indeed neglect this goat, I am sorry. Even if the previous owner could not trim them themselves, there are other people that can do it for them.

If you have any further negative remarks, please refrain from it. Remember to Keep it friendly and fun.

We are a very supportive group here and so glad this goat was re-homed and is now, being well cared for.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I didn't find anyone being harsh but to say anyone can trim hooves its easy doesn't apply to all people. I have 2 new goats and I am just learning and I don't find it easy. I haven't given up but its not easy to me. But I will say if I don't conquer it I will find someone to do it for me..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well lets all look at the positive. The previous owner clearly knew he couldn't do right for this little buck n sold him to someone more able to take care of him and now he's in a better home and his feet are being taken care of. No need to argue about anything he's better off now

1 - 20 of 69 Posts