Honey's Babies!! Lotsa Pics! :)

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by capriola-nd, Aug 4, 2008.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Here are some pics of Honey's triplets! She had two blue-eyed does and a beautiful buck. I plan to keep one of the does but at this time, I have no idea which one. To me, the light doe looks more refined, but they are only a day old in these pics. I do LOVE the chammy doe's coloring, her face is too cute!!! :) Any thoughts?

I tried to get individual pics for our website but I don't like to put pics on when kids are so tiny and wobbly-looking. They look much nicer a week or so after birth. So, next week I'll take pics for the site. . . . the barn was kind of dark, so all of their eyes look so funny. Oh well, at least you can see their colors. What would u call the light-colored doe? She looks like a latte to me, but that's not a color choice. :D
    I am loving the colors Royal Blue has been giving us!!! 4 out of 5 are blue-eyed. :) I know that's not important. :wink:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More coming!

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Awwwww...they are adorable! Love that chammy doe, but the lighter one is super cute too! They are really big triplets! Look real good and healthy!

I think you would just call the lighter one a dark gold? I had a little doe the exact same color as her and she turned into a dark gold, like Honey almost.

Have you thought of names for them?

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, they are pretty good-sized! Honey has lots of "growing room" for kids. Even her quads were pretty big, except one that was small.

Could she possibly be a dilute chammy?? She has the dorsal stripe and a little bit of the facial markings. . . .

I like Mallory in Blue - full name would be Capriola RB Mallory in Blue ("Mallie")
    Capriola RB Caribbean Blue ("Carrie" for short)
    Capriola RB Blue Chanel ("Nellie")
    Isobella Blue ("Izzie")

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Geesh, I dunno... :shrug: I guess she could be a dilute chammy...What is Honey's color registered as? I would say that's what she'll look like when she's an adult. I could be wrong...

I like all those names! Especially Caribbean Blue, very clever! Too cute!

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Here's some more. . . .

buckling
    [​IMG]

broken chammy doe's "rear" :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Honey is registered as "gold" but there is more going on there. . . . She has a dorsal stripe & facial stripes. Her breeder is not too "creative" in the colors department. These kids were line-bred on Flash Dancer (a pretty chammy buck), not sure if that would make the color come out more. . . .

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    aww! you make me want to have Nigerians. they are adorable.

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations Olivia!! They are adorableAND with those blue eyes and colors makes them even more so! I can see why you're not sure which one you want to keep!

9. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    I don't know anything about coloring names because I have unregistared milk goats. What I do know is that they are very cute.

Suellen :rainbow:

10. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Very pretty kids, Congrats!

11. Candy

Candy Guest

May 14, 2008
    They're just so sweet, Olivia. Honey sure did a good job for you :leap:
    Candy

12. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    They're too cute! Congratulations!!!! The pale doeling looks like a regular gold to me. Maybe a light cham but I would register her as gold.

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    OH MY GOsH!!! Where are you in Oregon - cause I am ON MY WAY!!! LOL! Actually my kids are in Portland right now - they could put either the doeling or the buckling or all three in their suitcase to bring home :greengrin:

Keep me posted! Might be interested in a road trip!! (do you ever trade with other breeders??)

14. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Thanks everyone!! They are super cute! :D Okie, I will register her as a gold. . . .

Thanks Allison! I've never traded before, but may be open to it. . . . I actually have three wether reservations to fill now and a doe reservation, and another gal emailed me yesterday wanting to purchase a doe from Honey. So, I don't know if there will be any available. :shrug: I will let you know if there is!! The goaties are in Woodburn (about 40 miles S of Portland). I often meet new owners in Portland (and Kelso, WA) for the cost of gas.

Thanks again everyone!