Hoof Rot

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Coraxfeather, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    I took Einstein to the vet yesturday. WEll lets starts from the begining. Yesturday morning I noticed Einstein was walking on his toe on one of his front legs. I took him and started to look at the foot. I noticed a absess starten in it. Well I got out the ebsone salt and soaked it and then started to cut out one of the absess and noticed another and then another on one side of his hoof. Got that all cleaned up and cut into the other side and the most awful smell came and I can still remember it. Well my friend came home and we took Einstein to the ver cause his hoof wall was pulling away from the inside. When the vet looked at it he told us he had hoof rot. Has anyone else delete with this. He is wearing a bootie with meds on his foot now. Is there any advice you can give me. I did not know until yesturday that a goat could get hoof rot. WE trim our goats feet regualy and this is the first time I have ever seen this.

2. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

trim his feet every couple of weeks. the more you keep up on it the better. and spray lysol on it. Yes just regular house hold lysol.
    beth