The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this look like hoof scald? We were checking 8 of our wethers and several of them have these sores on their feet. Some only have small scabs/sores in between their toes. We applied hoof n heel to all sores/scabs.
Could these sores be hoof scald even though they are not in between the toes of the actual hoof?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had a similar thing on my wether and I put BlueCoat on it and give him zinc and Noromectin which is a ivermectin because the vet said that it was mites. But it may be something else I'm not very experienced. But some of these people may be able to help........

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So then would I use NuStock? Could hoof scald be anywhere that isn't in between the toes? Some of them do have small pink or white sores in between their toes which I know is hoof scald. We are using hoof n heel on everything.

Reactions: friesian49

·
Super Moderator
83,733 Posts
It may be a combination of the two, yes Nustock can be used.

Dip the hoof in iodine/ water solution daily then you can put Nustock on the areas. But remove scabs especially the first time.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have been using hoof n heel daily on everybody with sores and it works to dry up the sores. Finally today I only had to use it on one hoof out of 6 goats. But with the wet hot weather we are having new spots can appear daily. We did use iodine and Nustock on the one with the worst sore. It is now completely closed up, but I put more Nustock on today just in case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts