The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greg L. gave me a good tip for hoof trimming. I had been struggling with my novice skills to get my 2 year old Ober's hoof flat. After obtaining good clippers, the Nanny Manicure book, a hoof rasp, and a milk stanchion, it was still a struggle. What I needed was a curved blade clipper. He suggested the Corona model AG4940. It allowed me to quickly get a good cut on the inside edge and eliminate the high area I had created. My small dominate right hand had made it hard for me to get some of the edges. These clippers really helped. I found them on line at Do It Center. Hope this might help others. Thanks Greg.
IdahoNancy Oberpacker

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Thats a good tip. Just be careful with the longer bladed clippers. I watched a guy take a serious snip out of the side of his thumb while trimming feet because he didn't correctly calculate the reach on the longer clippers. I'm sure it hurt like the dickens even though he tried not to show it. He did take me up on my offer to finish trimming the goats feet though. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.