hooves

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by AlaskaBoers, Nov 24, 2009.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    so I went hoof trimming today (I do this as a business for hay $)

saw a doe who had odd feet, she has previously broken the foot, and the outer hoof (left half) on that leg is twice as large (the foot part, like its swollen) but she's not in pain, but limps a bit since the hoof is a bit lopsided. the thing is that on her other front hoof that the same outer half is also a little larger than the other. so she walks a bit off

They seem to be in great health, growing well. this particular goat is 8 years old, and acts like a 2yr old.

2. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    Maybe her body balaced its self?

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have no idea :scratch:

but at least it isnt holding her back :thumb:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    hmm....that is weird.... both front feet/legs are the same way each side...... I would of said.. if she broke the one.... that it wasn't straightened at the time of injury and may of not been supported... to allow it to heal back in the proper position..... but it is both....very unusual...
    I am stumped as well..... :scratch:

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Yeah thanks, I told her it was probably due to the injury.

I just wanted some 'insurance' lol. She's bringing her doe over to get bred next week :thumb:

6. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

the dairy that i work at has a doe like that. i dont know what caused it but its slowly getting back to normal we trim her feet every three weeks.
    beth

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome Katrina.... :wink: :greengrin: Good luck with the breeding.... :)