Hope has arrived

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by StaceyRosado, Sep 20, 2008.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Oooo! Congrats! :thumb: She looks very nice. I love her blue eyes! How does Angie and everyone else like her?

3. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Stacey......I am very happy for you!! Glad she is finally home too.....I love her pattern and those blue eyes really stand out on the black...hope she settles in fast. :leap:

It may take a good week or so before the others accept her, don't worry, they and she will come around, lots of attention by you and of course the other girls will be jealous...they will get over it. :)

5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Thats too bad. They will get along soon, they just need to tell her that they are boss. I hate that.. but it's how it goes. I am sure Angie is happy to not be the one being picked on.

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    actually Angie wasnt being picked on since Jasper left. She and Sweet Pea get along good too. They play head butt all the time. Rather cute.

Angie likes to tell her who is boss which is ok since she is close in size (Hope is smaller then her and one month younger).

Tonight I got rather mad at Sweet Pea and Mia as I had Hope walking around in the pen with me and they were chasing her down and ramming her into the ground. So now she is back being with just Angie till I can supervise more. They need to get use to seeing her.

I know how they can be, it is just a little much for one so young and who is not use to big goats.

Something I learned from this is that I will always keep any bottle kids with my adult goats. It is to much of a transition from all kids to adult goats when they move to a new home. I keep forgetting also how attached bottle kids are to humans. She wont get the same attention as she is use to, so that is a transition for her.

Poor thing :(

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oh, she is very pretty and looks very correct too! :) Hope she settles in soon and the other goats start being nicer. ;)

We lost a bottle-baby Nigerian wether last year to a mean, overprotective pygmy doe w/ kids. She rammed him against the wall and he died minutes later. It was terribly sad. :( :cry: :cry: :cry: I still cry about it. . . . We're very careful now w/ this particular doe and others as well. He was only a month old. :cry:

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh thats so sad!

Thats why I am not taking any chances. Angie will give her a little push but nothing major, nor is she big enough to do anything.

I plan to let them all out and supervise interaction. But the problem is she keeps running and hiding either behind me or a tree. She needs to stand up for herself, that comes with time and maturity so we have a long way to go unfortunatly.

I am on the fence about keeping Mia anyway -- love the darling but I dont plan to breed her this year...........so do I want to feed a goat that isnt going to produce? :shrug: :scratch: But grandmom loves her :sigh:

9. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    My LaMancha was the same way when I got her. Only turned out with kids and all the does kicked her butt big time when she came here. Thankfully she was just a little smaller than the adults so she didn't really get hurt. But she would hide behind me to. Now she is bigger than the nigi's and is still the lowest ranking. :roll:

At least Angie isn't being too mean to her. Hopefully they will be best buds soon. :hug: For you and her. Don't worry, she will settle in eventually.

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    She is just beautiful Stacey!

11. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    She is very pretty, congrats! :)

12. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I love her - gorgeous!

13. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Soo cute! Love the blue eyes and she looks very correct. :love: Don't worry she will settle in just fine it will just take a little while.

14. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Stacey she is very beautiful. Nice addition to your herd, I bet she does well in the ring for you.

15. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    beautiful, i love her eyes.

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thank you guys! I am excited about her. She is very darling and poor Gigi is jealous. But she will learn that I have two hands :greengrin:

17. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Stacey, she is adorable like everyone already told you, and she will fit in the herd. They have to just show her that they are the boss and it will be no time before they are all snuggling together. :love: Congratulation :clap:

18. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    What a pretty little girl! How exciting!

19. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    here is a video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1ipDhsfPiI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1ipDhsfPiI[/ame]

and another

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgfvpXkps-U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgfvpXkps-U[/ame]

20. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    :cool: Congrats!!! What a good looking doe!!