The Goat Spot Forum banner

Hope my beautiful dope!

2K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  Sfgwife 
#1 · (Edited)
So. This was my girl two and half years ago. We brought her home when her mama died of a prolapse at three weeks old.

Vertebrate Hat Mammal Adaptation Wood

Jeans People in nature Grass Groundcover Grassland

This is my dope now. She has a due date of the 23rd of this month to calve. She has a lil bit of goop and some squeezies goin on. She is gonna throw the doe code to me i am positive! Yesterday she was all whinin somethin bout i am starvin to death cause you never feed me animal crackers anymore... which is a lie. Then it was that i never brush her.... which is a lie. It went on and on. Has been goin on amd on for days and days.... since the calf started droppin and she can eat more now. Lol! She is a brat! While i was out visitin a d rubbin her buddah belly she had some squeezies. She was makin this oh so pittiful noise then would roll over more so i could get her belly more. I think if she thought she could get back up that she woulda been on jer back with her feet in the air.

Plant Working animal Natural landscape Grass Tree

Plant Working animal Grass Fawn Terrestrial animal

Working animal Natural landscape Grazing Terrestrial animal Groundcover

There is an old wives tale about sexting calves before born. The bangs and front mop is messy and the tail feathers atop the tail head loosey goosey.... heifer. The bangs and front mop smooth and the tail feathers tight... bull. She is messy and loosey goosey. But he mop jas always been messy. We will see soon. ;).

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
milk and meat. Hope is an angus/braunveih cross. So her calves will go for meat. I will probably milk her just because i can lol. Our friend that she came from says you do not milk beef cows. Soooooo. I just gotta. Then we have a dexter and a belfair. Both of those are dual purpose cows. Dexters are actually tri putpose… milk, meat and oxen.

#4 ·
Mamma, don’t you see I’m suffering...you just gotta get me a new bag of Animal cookies NOW! You want me to have this baby I need bribes and lots of them! (Stomping hoof) A momma to be has to look her best for her baby...grab the brush!
Do it right and I might reward you really soon otherwise....I’m gonna bust your chops!😂😇🤗😂🤬

Awww Hopes gotten so big and beautiful....I remember you bringing her home....what a sweetie!

#7 ·
She just a big ole bratty gow! Lol! I thought about puttin her in the barn last night. Paul laughed and says... i wanna see her put her big hiney up on the loft NOW. Hahahhaha. Every time she gets in the goat only space she is all tryin her hardest to get up there. It is a sight to see for sure. And she lies bout treats! She gets some sort of treat every mornin and sometimes at dinner too. Mostly right now it is a handful of timothy cubes. She is mad bout the no feed cause Bess gets pellet at least in the mornin. I am makin her go in my stanchion to eat it for milking her. I am pretty sure she gonna doe code me for the next week. Hahhahaha.

#14 ·
Paul woke me at 6:30 sayin our girl is calvin Love time to go. He had to help as you can see. Calf weighs 62#. His noggin was just not comin but he was a good little diver at least. Hope is being a great maman! It has danglers...we said this year would be the year for all boys since last year we had four doelings. Oye lol! He has nursed, got a shot of BoSe and vit e caps, gotten tagged and is restin from his big debut. Our girl was such a champ though it all and barely made a peep. She is letting us be close to them both and rub on him. She let mama and our middle son that they were not ok to be messin with him though. Good girl protectin your baby from strangers. They just do not go in the pasture or mess with the livestock really.
Plant Working animal Grazing Terrestrial animal Tree

Vertebrate Plant Mammal People in nature Grass

Plant Vertebrate Working animal Bull Tree

Vertebrate Temple Mammal Working animal Headgear

Horse Plant Working animal Liver Horse supplies

Grass Thigh Trunk Automotive tire Human leg

People in nature Grass Groundcover Glove Soil

Green Leaf Plant People in nature Dog breed

Plant Working animal Grass Bull Dairy cow

Attachments

#24 ·
😍 congratulations!!

#27 ·
Congratulations Grandmama, he is a big little fella. It was quite educational seeing the pictures of the calf being pulled, thank you for sharing those. Gosh, Hope didn't doe code you for very long after all. She took calving like a trooper, and seems to have the mothering part down pat as well. Good girl, Hope. (y) When is the next calf due, 3-4 weeks from now?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.