The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is gonna be gettin nifty new blingy earrings this week end. It is sure to be great fun..right?. (doh)(headsmash)(rofl). She will be gettin farm tagged and fly tagged. Oh my! She was searchin my pockets and beggin for more butterscotch treats lol! Rotten beastie! Every mornin now she waits outside of my milk room... she jus KNOWS i saved her a slice of apple from gracie's mornin treat of if she is a good girl on the stand she gets apple. We got farm name and both phone numbers put on the tag so that when someone decides to go walk a bout and lands on some random neighbors stoop they can call us to pick up the degenerates.

61BA10C6-6014-4BDD-801B-0E6B5FABB436.jpeg
7F28870E-45E9-4F2B-BA78-476AA363FAA0.jpeg

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Oh no, she is getting pierced ears, ouch! At least that's a nice shade of blue. Maybe just once, she could have a butterscotch AND an apple slice afterwards. Us girls like sweet treats to help us get over an upset sometimes.
Hahahaha truth! The butterscotch are horse treats. :). The goats and the gow love those and the apple ones. The dogs love em too. I think we will end up tyin her to a fence post and leanin on her to keep her as still as we can. We have a tagger and our friend does too.... so maybe we will hit her both ears at the same time. So we wont have to settle her for the second one. (rofl) . But i dunno. I think she will be fine if i give her her grain when we do it. Brother in all his wonderfulness (He lives in wilmington) says.... make sure you stand behind her while you do it.. yanno jus in case she kicks her feet out and might fall.. he is a goofy dolt! I told him he should come show us this technique... he said he was busy saturday and sunday. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Back when, in my younger days, I raised a few (4) head of bucket calves. I used the gate door for those times I had to hem one up. The gate was a 8' pipe type and the calf was halter tied to the post, then kinda wedged into the corner of the hinge side. Then fastened until snug with a piece of stout rope or a length of chain through the opposite open end and the next post to hold it place. The gate itself did the lean against and hold them for me.

Once, after being knocked down, stomped on, and dragged a little I was feeling defeated. Dang calf gave me the stink eye and a smirking look. Desperation and determination kicked in. Geez, a chute would have been such a help with that wild child, so, I used the closest thing I could think of to create a chute type containment and got it done.

The wild child calf was named Sampson because he was a large stocky young man and outweighed me by about 75 pounds. He never offered to push me around again since that day and went to market a few months later.

Too bad your brother can't come down and demonstrate how to stand behind a calf to keep them from kicking out. His knowledge in the falling out department could have been a note worthy experience. :heehee:

In all seriousness, with 2 people tagging at the same time it should go pretty quickly and be over before you and Hope know it.
:rose: (console)

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
is gonna be gettin nifty new blingy earrings this week end. It is sure to be great fun..right?. (doh)(headsmash)(rofl). She will be gettin farm tagged and fly tagged. Oh my! She was searchin my pockets and beggin for more butterscotch treats lol! Rotten beastie! Every mornin now she waits outside of my milk room... she jus KNOWS i saved her a slice of apple from gracie's mornin treat of if she is a good girl on the stand she gets apple. We got farm name and both phone numbers put on the tag so that when someone decides to go walk a bout and lands on some random neighbors stoop they can call us to pick up the degenerates.

View attachment 153195 View attachment 153197
You need a little glitter glue to give Hope some bling.:)

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Back when, in my younger days, I raised a few (4) head of bucket calves. I used the gate door for those times I had to hem one up. The gate was a 8' pipe type and the calf was halter tied to the post, then kinda wedged into the corner of the hinge side. Then fastened until snug with a piece of stout rope or a length of chain through the opposite open end and the next post to hold it place. The gate itself did the lean against and hold them for me.

Once, after being knocked down, stomped on, and dragged a little I was feeling defeated. Dang calf gave me the stink eye and a smirking look. Desperation and determination kicked in. Geez, a chute would have been such a help with that wild child, so, I used the closest thing I could think of to create a chute type containment and got it done.

The wild child calf was named Sampson because he was a large stocky young man and outweighed me by about 75 pounds. He never offered to push me around again since that day and went to market a few months later.

Too bad your brother can't come down and demonstrate how to stand behind a calf to keep them from kicking out. His knowledge in the falling out department could have been a note worthy experience. :heehee:

In all seriousness, with 2 people tagging at the same time it should go pretty quickly and be over before you and Hope know it.
:rose: (console)
We could get a door to swing back to pen her up... but she will go in head first. Lol. So no dice. I am with you on brothers amazing trick.. i would for sure need video it!

You and @Dwarf Dad are too funny! paul and i HAVE talked about paintin her hooves a nice shade of bright pink and sendin a pic to the friend that sent her over here! Hahahaha! He is always teasin us on how spoiled she is and how we are crazy. His cows are not pocket cows... they know where to go but are far from tame most of the time. But i do know this... hope the dope will let us touch and mess and pick up any body part and just stand calmly for it. We are good with that. :). I am sure there will be some fussin over her ear piercing but it will only be once so it is ok. Cause after we get those holes in there we can just use the same ones for fly tags every year.... well maybe one more later cause fly tags go in both ears when they are grown.

She is gettin so big! I am on the last hole of her halter.... when she came it was a bit too big for her.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
We could get a door to swing back to pen her up... but she will go in head first. Lol. So no dice. I am with you on brothers amazing trick.. i would for sure need video it!

You and @Dwarf Dad are too funny! paul and i HAVE talked about paintin her hooves a nice shade of bright pink and sendin a pic to the friend that sent her over here! Hahahaha! He is always teasin us on how spoiled she is and how we are crazy. His cows are not pocket cows... they know where to go but are far from tame most of the time. But i do know this... hope the dope will let us touch and mess and pick up any body part and just stand calmly for it. We are good with that. :). I am sure there will be some fussin over her ear piercing but it will only be once so it is ok. Cause after we get those holes in there we can just use the same ones for fly tags every year.... well maybe one more later cause fly tags go in both ears when they are grown.

She is gettin so big! I am on the last hole of her halter.... when she came it was a bit too big for her.
Tag me when you take that photo! It just doesn't make since that feed stores don't have a little bling for the "pocket" cow crowd.:)

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Oh my goodness, painted nails reminds me of the sight of my 6' linebacker built ex-marine son and bare toes. It was a couple of summers ago, so cargo shorts and those open toed slip on shoes the guys like to wear. Pretty basic hot weather wear except for one exception. My youngest granddaughter (5 then) had painted her Daddy's toe nails a shocking shade of bright pink! My son sported those pink toe nails for a few days and puffed up proud each and every time his little girl pointed out those pretty nails she painted for her Daddy, all by herself. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh my goodness, painted nails reminds me of the sight of my 6' linebacker built ex-marine son and bare toes. It was a couple of summers ago, so cargo shorts and those open toed slip on shoes the guys like to wear. Pretty basic hot weather wear except for one exception. My youngest granddaughter (5 then) had painted her Daddy's toe nails a shocking shade of bright pink! My son sported those pink toe nails for a few days and puffed up proud each and every time his little girl pointed out those pretty nails she painted for her Daddy, all by herself. ;)
It always amazes me what men will do for those lil girls! We had all boys... so i could tell you all about bugs, mud, worms, trucks, karate, wrestlin, and farts. Lol! The girly girl stuff alludes me most times. I grew up here on a hog and cattle farm and was always around the men and boys... so i never really did the girly girly thing.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
You are talking to the choir with that one. Most of my extended family were boys as well. One child, a son. My granddaughters are a bit of a mystery for me when it comes to hair products, makeup choices with the oldest... those type things. The youngest is very girly girl already at a young age. The grandsons I can relate more naturally with because it's "guy" stuff like building, home repairs, fishing and such.

That's okay though, can get my girl on if need be. Just find it rather impractical on a daily basis. I would be the female caught competently changing a tire in high heels on the way to the dance. :heehee:

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are talking to the choir with that one. Most of my extended family were boys as well. One child, a son. My granddaughters are a bit of a mystery for me when it comes to hair products, makeup choices with the oldest... those type things. The youngest is very girly girl already at a young age. The grandsons I can relate more naturally with because it's "guy" stuff like building, home repairs, fishing and such.

That's okay though, can get my girl on if need be. Just find it rather impractical on a daily basis. I would be the female caught competently changing a tire in high heels on the way to the dance. :heehee:
Yep the last of it!

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Are you and your monks safe from this round of storms?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Lots of rain, thunder and scary strong winds here. Bless their little hearts, my 3 monks packed themselves into what would be considered a one goat stall together and hunkered down. Thing is, the stall belonged to the mini Alpine, head honcho goat.

Couple of days ago, a black snake decided to cross through the pasture enclosure, and the Alpine went back and forth running the Niggies away and stomping, pawing the dickens out of that snake. He raised every hair on his back and had the fiercest look in his eyes I ever saw with him. Once the snake was no longer a threat he took the smaller ones as far away as possible and gave them a scolding if they dared to get close to the scene of the crime. He protected them as I watched at a distance with a new respect for his leadership abilities.

Proud goat mama these past few days.

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lots of rain, thunder and scary strong winds here. Bless their little hearts, my 3 monks packed themselves into what would be considered a one goat stall together and hunkered down. Thing is, the stall belonged to the mini Alpine, head honcho goat.

Couple of days ago, a black snake decided to cross through the pasture enclosure, and the Alpine went back and forth running the Niggies away and stomping, pawing the dickens out of that snake. He raised every hair on his back and had the fiercest look in his eyes I ever saw with him. Once the snake was no longer a threat he took the smaller ones as far away as possible and gave them a scolding if they dared to get close to the scene of the crime. He protected them as I watched at a distance with a new respect for his leadership abilities.

Proud goat mama these past few days.
How awesome is that! Good boy! He needs some treats and sparklies too. Hahahahhaha!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts