Hope, pooch test?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Lawanda, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    I felt sooooo silly typing that title! LOL But that is what you call it right?

I just brought Hopey home from staying a month with a buck. I think she looks pregnant already, but that is prolly just wishful thinking :D

Anyhow, I followed her around trying to get a good pic of her backside, and this is all I could manage. My dd Kela got the best one. Sorry the pics are fuzzy, my regular camera died, so I had to use the phone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So what do ya think? She had twins last year, so I figure she got bred, but I am hoping she is already a month along at least!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It is hard to say...it is usually.. at the 2 month or more mark... doing the pooch test... :wink:

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I agree. I think it's to early to tell. Pretty little doe!

4. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Oh shoot. Yes, I forgot about that part. I guess I will take more pics in a month!

Thanks, I think she is a cutie pie :) She came runnin' right to us at first when she heard us outside to come and get her today :love: Although, she still made us chase her after that! LOL :ROFL:

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    NP.....we will wait ....and see her then....she is a pretty girl.. :wink: :greengrin:

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    keep those pictures handy -- they will help with determining in a month or two if she is indeed pregnant. Comparrison pictures are so helpful! I stopped guessing on other peoples goats because I dotn know what they normally look like so it is not good to even try guessing

7. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Ahhh! ok!! I will bring this post back up in a month with more pics, then! hehehe :clap:

8. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Ok, If Hope took at the beginning of August it will have been 2 months now... The lady said she should have took before the 18th at least... :) Can you tell me if you can tell a difference? And point it out to me, so I can see too?

Here is a couple weeks after breeding.
    [​IMG]

Here is a couple months after breeding (today)
    [​IMG]

9. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    big difference. i'm gonna say yes. you can tell the vulva has reall dropped. before she kids you will see it become very swollen

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    looks like a yes to me -- comparison pictures are so helpful!