hope this is the right place, move if needed.

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Jamieluvshernigis, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Jamieluvshernigis

Jamieluvshernigis New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    colorado
    When I fed this morning everyone was fine. When I went down with warm water I found a pretty good sized puddle of blood and noticed my wild for Bailey had a stream of goo touching the ground but no blood on tail or back end. (she should not be preggo) I inspected the rest of the goats in the pen no blood anywhere! I took baileys temp normal, and no oder, she was in heat six days ago. Even when she was about kid never had a stream of goo its thick and yellow.....I'm very confused. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Blood on the ground... but no one has any on them either... :scratch:

Gosh ...the long stream of goo... that almost sounds like.... she is getting ready to kid....very odd indeed..... has me stumped... as she was in season a little while ago... :chin:

Can you get a clear close pic of her pooch and udder area tail up?

3. Jamieluvshernigis

Dec 13, 2010
    colorado
    [​IMG]
    Ok hope that link works.
    When I went to get pics she only has a bit of goo. She has no udder @ all but from her last 2 kiddings she starts a week prior. She could have only been bred Oct 29 that's the day I weaned her buckling he was 2 days shy of 8 wks. I'm so lost...thank you so so much for the help.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    She could have been bred even when nursing her son. They still come into season while nursing.

As to the puddle of blood that's a bit interesting.

Is there a buck in with the doe right now?

5. Jamieluvshernigis

Dec 13, 2010
    colorado
    No buck here, the boys are now wethered. Darn I thought he couldn't breed until 8 and a half weeks.

Her heat cycles have been weird...
    Would there be a fetus this far along? I've searched the pen and haven't found anything

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yes they can breed pretty early its rare but has happend.

As to the blood I would be checking your boys to see if any of them are peeing blood. Your doe just looks in heat to me

7. Jamieluvshernigis

Dec 13, 2010
    colorado
    Thank you for the help, I really watched her close and she never had the long stream of goo again. I put in all new bedding and havent found anymore blood.
    I will keep an eye on my boys to make sure it wasn't them.