Hopefully the last

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Coraxfeather, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Just got a call from my boss. We lost our dwarf horse Jazzey and also one of our Clysdales named Sugar. Sugar left us on x-mas day and jazzey left us last week. I am going over her house and she did not want me to show up and not see them. I always take counts on the animals and I do notice when one is not there.

2. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    I'm sorry to hear that :hug:

Your boss seems to be loosing alot lately, maybe you should have a vet over incase theres something going around?

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Hun - I am soooo sorry. :hug:

Have they figured out what is going on there? That is just way to many to be coincidental and from lease out from so long ago to still be taking affect unless there was something major brought back.

Until you find what is causing all of it - I would reccomend NOT bringing ANY animals on to that property till it is inileated. I would even think about bringing Pancake home, have a fecal checked, and maybe even blood work (CBC/Chem) if you can.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Sugar was a old clysedale and she had colic. She was 19 and large drafts do not live as long as other horses. 15 to 20 years. Jazzey already had health problems because of being a dwarf. What was going though the barn hopefully has taken all it is going to take.

And I can not bring him home yet. I am still working to get the petiction done to make his breed a domicated pet and not only a farm animal. Until then he has to stay there I have no place for him.

I am planning on getting him into the vet asap. Just to get him checked out and see if everything it alright with him.

Honestly sometimes I do not think I could have my own farm. I cry every time a animal passes. I say a prayer everytime I see a animal dead along the side of the road. I think i have to big of a heart.

6. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Sorry if I sound pushy, but I would still have a vet out and look at every animal, even if they don't 'specialize' in goats. Going by your death count before, this would be about 13-14 animals? Sorry, but that is too many to be a coincidence.. how often does your boss treat and vaccinate these animals?

7. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    She just had the vet out and everyone is fine. We hope wha went though her barn is done with now. Also she jsut moved to a new place. I am staying with her for a little while to help out with the rest of the moven. Also have a few baby goats to make me smile. WE are keeping all of them.