Hope's Twins

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by Epona142, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Hope had twin baby girls! Both blue eyed. One is completely normal, up and nursing. The other is..strange. Up, walking around, even running. But running..away from her dam! I literally let her run quite a ways away before I picked her up in confusion. She doesn't quite seem to understand where the milk comes from either. (Yes I have showed them both. The lighter girl caught right on. The NQR doeling will suck for a bit, so that's something)

I brought her inside, got her nice and toasty and syringed some colostrum into her. VERY alert and active, just..not quite right. I locked the three of them in the big dog kennel, maybe she will get the idea..?

In labor.
    [​IMG]

Laying down to push.
    [​IMG]

Bubble.
    [​IMG]

Bubble burst.
    [​IMG]

Hooves!
    [​IMG]

Helped out a little.
    [​IMG]

There's the other bubble.
    [​IMG]

Backwards baby.
    [​IMG]

There you are.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting cleaned off.
    [​IMG]

Standing up.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second born, lighter doeling.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 'not quite right' doeling.
    [​IMG]

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Oh my goodness gracious SHE DID GIVE YOU 2 GIRLS :leap: CONGRATULATIONS on such a fast and easy delivery!! I'm ready to leap out of my chair with joy!!! WOW..You so deserved this amazing day!

They are beauties!! Hope did very well :hug:

As far as the "not right" kid, she'll get it, if you can keep them in the small space for awhile, she won't stray too far from mama and sissy.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Aww....wow.... they are cute....congrats..... :thumb:

4. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    NQR baby just took a bottle feeding with as much enthusiasm as Indy's boys take their daily bottle soo...dunno what's with her! Left her locked up with mama and a full tummy. Maybe by tomorrow she'll have caught on to how life works.

5. Hidden Waters Farm

Hidden Waters Farm New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    Wow she seems to have had them one after the other from your pictures, That must have been fun. She should get the hang of it soon, You almost always get one that doesn't quite get it.

6. :leap: YAY!!! So glad everything went well for you!! You do deserve it! I had a buckling out of a set of quads that was NQR??? we called him Special Tony! He grew up and did well though!

7. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Oh yes, Hope follows a pattern to the "T".

She always goes into labor in the afternoon. She labors standing up, and then when she lays down, you know it's time.

A few pushes and out they come, right on top of each other! Then she always passes her afterbirth within 10 minutes. She is a grand doe and I'm very happy she gave me a daughter to keep this year, finally.

I think if NQR is normal internally and makes it through the night, she'll be fine.

8. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

:leap: Hooray! Good for Hope! I'm so glad you have two healthy little girls! :hug:

9. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

They are so cute I am ready for babies but I have 3-4 weeks still. Congrats.

10. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I've brought NQR back inside and set up a box with a heating pad for her. I just don't feel comfortable leaving her outside all night...even if it means she becomes a bottle baby.

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congrats :leap: so happy for you and two girlies too WHOOHOO!!!!

the NQR will get it - and if you have to bottle feed hay at least she takes the bottle easily, that can always be a challenge if they wont eat off mom or bottle. Glad things are looking up :)

just saw you post: I agree since she takes the bottle and you feel more comfortable that way then do it, your gut tells you more then whatever we can tell you :hug:

12. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

THEY ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!

Congrats!

13. jduwall

jduwall New Member

Aug 7, 2009
    I am so happy for you...twin girls~~!! :kidred: :kidred: I know you really needed a pick me up...fantastic~~ :stars:

14. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Thanks everyone! I'm fretting over Keeper...I keep thinking, maybe I should bring her in. But Hope is a good mom and Keeper seems to be just fine and is nursing on her own and all. Nerve wracking..

15. Hidden Waters Farm

Hidden Waters Farm New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    Do you have a heat lamp set up? that worked for my nerves when we had ducklings born.

16. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Yes, took me some wrangling but I did get one set up when Pepper was ill, so I just moved it to the barn and put it over the kennel. (It's in a cage so nothing can get at it, and wired to the top)

17. VickiH

VickiH New Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Ohio
    Congratulations and thanks for the great photos!

18. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    How is everyone this morning?

19. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Took NQR and Keeper back out this morning for nursing. NQR is sucking good from Hope but still can't find it on her own. If I put her there, she goes to town. Then wanders away and ignores Hope's fretful bleats. But she seems to stick around the other babies now so I'm going to let her stay outside for a bit and see how she handles. It's nice and warm at least, and I can bring her back in tonight.

I keep hoping she'll get the idea "Oh snap..this is where milk comes from. I should stay close to it."

Otherwise she appears to be completely healthy and normal. Poops, pees, eats, cries, sleeps..lol.

A couple pics I forced my dying camera batteries to take

NQR

[​IMG]

Keeper

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Beautiful :love: I know you must be bursting with Pride that Hope came through for you :hug: