Hoping she isn't bred...

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by PotterWatch, Apr 1, 2009.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch New Member

Jan 23, 2009
    So. California
    How can I find out for sure if my little doeling has been bred? She has been getting rounder and rounder these past couple weeks and I'm really hoping she has just been eating a bit too much. She was born on January 12th, so she is just 11wks old. She had two brothers who were sent to new homes the first week of March when they were all 7wks old. They did mount her (and anyone else who would hold still long enough), but I never saw that either of them seemed able to actually accomplish anything. I know that there is a way to send off for a pregnancy test, but I don't know how to do that or how much it costs. Is there enough chance that one of them did manage to breed her for me to worry about it? If she did get bred, I will be really upset. Thanks for any feedback!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I would doubt that she is preggy - or even preggy enough to notice at this point.

The boys leaving at 7 weeks I doubt they were even fertile before then.

Say she was pregnant (I really doubt it) then the earliest I would say she got pregnant was when the boys left. 7 weeks after Jan 12 is aprox March 2nd. She would only be aprox 30 some days pregnant - certainly not far enough along to be "showing" that belly is just her growing :thumb:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    she is just a baby ...I really don't think she can get preggo that young...when exposed to those bucklings...I agree with stacey.... :greengrin: :thumb:

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She would likely have not had her first heat at that time, the earliest I have had a mini doeling come into heat was 3 1/2 months. If she is still on her dam, her belly growth is likely from all the milk that her brothers are no longer taking. And as Stacey said, the boys aren't likely fertile til around 8-12 weeks.

5. PotterWatch

PotterWatch New Member

Jan 23, 2009
    So. California
    Thanks for reassuring me. I didn't think it was very likely, but it's nice to hear from more experienced people.

6. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Yeah, I agree with everybody else. The chances of her being bred at that age are about none. She's just developing her rumen--being a little round is a good sign...it means she's growing into a healthy little girl :)