The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, we have two goats for about 3 months. about two weeks ago the females horns became very rippled with a hare like structure. To day I have noticed a scaly patch close to her head. they do not look right to me. also her hoofs look as I f they are going pale more yellow in colour. we are feeding a goat mix they have a salt lick which says it is for goats or sheep so I am conserned about the amount of copper in it. we have also started feeding a supplement in pellet form which again says it is for goats and sheep. we live in Portugal and I carnt fined powdered minerals which I would prefer or a salt lick just for goats. can any one suggest what we are doing wrong or advise on a good loose powdered mineral.

Attachments

·
Registered
637 Posts
All I know is that anything meant for sheep wont have the copper that goats need for it.... Not sure what else to say....(I know someone will know what that horn issue is)....

Oh and my vet had me get the salt like for CATTLE-- (not sure what it had for goats, possibley the copper as well as selenium, we are deficient in Seleninum in my area) -- maybe you can get that?....

·
Registered
30,581 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts