Horns and hair for AlaskaBoers

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by keren, Apr 26, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    This isnt a very good pic, but a couple of 5 yr old bucks with a reasonable horn span. The older buck is much wider and has an extra curl in his.

[​IMG]

My other buck, Heath, at only 2 yrs. Different shape to his horns

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Weirdest horns I've ever seen on a doe, 10+ yrs old

[​IMG]

And some randoms just cos I found em

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    thanks for sharing keren........I love the pics.....Wow... those rams look huge .....and are really nice looking..... :wink: .....how much do they weigh...... :shocked:

......Awwwwwwwww....look at those cute little lambs............... :love: :love:

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Now those are some gorgeous horned goaties! I love seeing horned goats....they look so majestic!

Love the curls too :love:

4. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Rams and lambs ... typo Pam? :)

Those first two bucks probably weigh around the 90 to 100kg mark, Angoras generally arent all that big compared to other goat breeds. Heath was 61kg when I bought him at 1 n a half, he's quite a big boy.

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    theyre GORGEOUS :drool: ! i love theyre horns...I hope theyre calm! i'd hate being chased by them!

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    yup.... :ROFL: he is big..... :shocked: :wink:

7. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    First time I saw them, I just fell in love with them, and the breed. And thats how I ended up here lol I still think they are the most amazing looking animals (those bucks) on the planet.

They are very quiet boys. Shearing takes three people per goat!

8. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Whoa!!!! :shocked: Those are some horns!! :shocked: :shocked:

9. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Keren, that last pic is completely heartshuddering! Makes you just wanna leap in and hug her!

10. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Thats actually my wether, Gizmo. I love that pic, and I love Gizmo to bits :love: He doesnt appreciate the hugs all that much anymore. He's turned a bit grumpy in his old age :)

11. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Not big?? :drool: When you are use too smaller breeds of goats that is big. Love the horns. We have very few goats with horns here on the farm. But soon we are getting a Painted Desert sheep :wahoo: Been wanten one of those. Then we get hopefully a nice rack on him.

12. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Corax ... yes you have a point there. But to me, they are smaller than my boer and dairy goats, and my sheep. So I think they are little lol