The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older wether and a young wether. My problem is the older one is the only one with horns and he his a bully. I understand this is normal pecking order behavior but I'm worried about the little one getting stabbed. Can I put tennis balls on his horns? How would I do this? Is there a better solution?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I don't have horned goats, but you could probably make an 'x' in the tennis balls and squish them down over the horns (gently!) Maybe you could duct tape them dow around the horn? I'm not too sure, so hopefully someone who has experience with horned goats can comment. Best of luck!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have an older wether and a young wether. My problem is the older one is the only one with horns and he his a bully. I understand this is normal pecking order behavior but I'm worried about the little one getting stabbed. Can I put tennis balls on his horns? How would I do this? Is there a better solution?
U can do the tennis balls but we clip about 2 inches off the top of horn so it's not pointy and then round them w a file :) don't cut to far then u'll have lots of blood!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wrapped duct tape on the top 2 inches of my wether's horns when I brought home a new buckling. Worked great! He looked like he had antennas :) Once they got used to each other and he quit butting (about a month), I just took it off.
I really like this idea, especially the purple color!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With all the need to make horns safer someone should develop a foam horn cover that looks like real horns or has cool colors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts