The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby just got his horns burnt about a week ago. And he has what appears to be puss coming out of both of them now. I ceaned them off really well and put neosporin on them. Is this going to get infected? What should I do to take care of these? And is it common? Please help :)

·
Super Moderator
58,832 Posts
Can you post a picture? I would probably contact the person who disbudded him and have them physically look at him.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Can you post a picture? I would probably contact the person who disbudded him and have them physically look at him.
This ^

Pictures would help to make sure any advice is as accurate and helpful as possible.

Have who ever disbudded him for you take a look. The rings should be dry, and there should not be any discharge at all. They may not have burned long enough, and left the tissues burned but not cauterized properly. Just going by your description, though: If there is pus in them then he is already getting some infection. Any time I see pus I start on antibiotics.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay. I will post a pic when I go back out to the barn in just bit. Thanks for the help I am definitely going to call the lady who debudded him. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured out what is causing them to ooze. We have a 5 week old baby chick, and during the day we have been letting him stay in the pin with Elliot (the goat) and we caught him pecking his debudded spots. So we stopped putting him in Elliots pin and they are healing! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts