The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a homesteader herd. For anyone that is just getting into goats, or has experience with goats. All the does were tested negative for CAE, CL, Jhones, TB, this year. We participate in the scrapie program. Have been vaccinated for rabies, CDT this year(about 2 weeks ago). I stay up to date with hoof trimmings, these girls have good feet. Hearty goats. Not registered.

Bonnie 5 y/o 6th freshener(she's a tramp what can I say?) the herd queen. Bonnie is people friendly, and runs a tight ship. She has defended her herd from dogs and foxes She is in milk, she is currently nursing. I do not milk Bonnie. Due to an injury I do not have the ability to train her milk stand manners. She has a nice capcious udder. She is an excellant mother. This spring she kidded quads without assistance. And raised all 4 on her own. She has always kidded triplets and quads. This is my son's goat he used to ride her like a pony when he was smaller. He has decided he would like a goat he is able to show. She has horns

Mary-Jane 2 y/o 2nd freshener. Solid black. In milk. She has a well attached udder with nice milkable teats, and she expresses with ease. If you have never hand milked before this is the doe to learn on. Her milk stand manners are perfect(hand milk or machine), and she is very tolerant, my 6 y/o has milked her. She stands for hoof trimming. She is my best conditioned doe, just naturally healthy. She has 1 nasty habit, she enjoys a cigarette every now and again. Likes milk to music. It was very hard for me to decide to sell her. She has horns. Walks on a leash. She is so people friendly she thinks she's a person.

Isabella solid brown 2 y/o 2nd freshener. Solid brown, the unicorn. In milk. Nice udder that will hold up to milking. Her teats are on the smaller side but milkable, she expresses eaisly. Had twins last year, and triplets this year. Isabella is milk stand trained for both hand milking and machine. She is a bit of a spaz. She likes attention, but only when she wants it. She trained to walk on a leash.

1 solid black doeling DOB 04/13/2013. Bonnie's doeling. I am keeping her sister. Healthy girl. I expect she will follow in her mother and her sister's footsteps. Her father is one of my registered bucks with a great milking lines behind him. She is just beautiful. She is disbudded.

All of these does are related. They are Bonnie's daughters. Mary and Isabella are from the same kidding of quads.

These are not meat animals they are dairy. I am drying Mary and Isabella off, I can put them in with a registered buck if you are interested in December kids.

Willing to make trades just ask!

$600 cash or $800 in trade value.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts