Horrible Urine Scald -- Need Advice

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by MellonFriend, Oct 16, 2020.

1. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Glad it is better already.

MadHouse likes this.
  2. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I've had really good luck using this spray on skin issues. So if he is getting infection at all on the skin, I wonder if this ointment would be a good consideration? It treats a wide variety of skin issues, not just fungus. I cleared up a buck kid who had severe infection after treating him for mites, and helped clear up some staph on our bucks chest floor when he was spraying heavily back in the summer. He started spraying again a few weeks ago, and is breeding the last group of does, so I need to ensure he has no relapse thanks to the dreadful rut spraying.
    [​IMG]

3. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Thanks for the recommendation HoosierShadow! I think that for now I am good with what I have, but I will definitely look into that. Have something sprayable would be nice.

Here are pictures from today. He got some new bling too so I could catch him more easily. IMG_6328.JPG IMG_6335.JPG IMG_6333.JPG

4. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

So glad he is improving!

MellonFriend likes this.
  5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  6. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

How are Phantom’s legs now?
    After you posted his problem I have been washing down my buck’s legs when I can and covering with vaseline.

MellonFriend likes this.
  7. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

He was nearly all back to normal except his whole leg is bald, and I thought they had slowed down on the peeing, but they started up again yesterday so I think I'm going to apply some more vaseline tonight again. Silly boys. I don't know what has gotten them going again. The does are utterly ignoring them.