The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
I would imagine its safe...I've never used it so I don't know about how effective it is.

I applaud the "green" effort...I have found the fastest relief from flies is the simple "fly strip". And I like those "stinky liquid" that you put in a gallon jug...those actually catch the "biting flies and horseflies" around here.

We are already having a huge fly problem here...it's been quite rainy. I was wondering what you all think of the "feed through" horse anti fly block? I walked by a pile of "horse hockey" and it was covered in flies! Gross!

·
Registered
96 Posts
i use the purple bottle "Bug Block" at TSC. been using it for months, really works great, i also spray it in the barn when i have a butch of flies. also the hanging jug traps seems to work really well to from TSC i think they are only like $6 and you can use them over and over!

·
Registered
471 Posts
The hanging jugs work really well for us too. We also sprayed with Endure fly spray and give them something called "Bug Check" which seems to repel the mosquitoes and biting gnats.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have flies that bad in my barn, the problm we have are those big horse flies that bite. They are terrible this year. Last week the girls were out in the pasture literally running from them because they were swarmed around them. The other day I read of a lady that puts skin-so-soft on her goats to keep the flies and mosquitos away so I ordered some. The UPS guy was quite amused when I told him it was for my goats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts