The Goat Spot Forum banner

Horse halters. And now saddle blankets. = )

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Crissa 
#1 ·
Well, my little filly has WAY outgrown her halter so I need to buy another. I was using one of the traditional nylon halters that you can get at any co-op and what not. I was thinking about also getting her name on it. (not for sure on that though) I want something more original too. (wow I'm hard to please huh?)

#6 ·
Re: Horse halters.

It depends on the size she was - I always went from weanling/yearling/average horse (to large or oversized-XL-DRAFT on the warmbloods and Pusher bred TWHs)
Now if she's not in a full grown stage yet - you could always buy an overlayed halter or nylon break away in your choice of colors - then put an engraved piece overtop of it (like a "plate") - it's a bit cheaper (well, for a few reasons) but if she breaks her halter, loses it or outgrows it, in the mean time you can move her personal name touch over to a new one...

Can't wait to see what you choose. I always loved picking out show halters---OHHH THE SILVER! :)

#7 ·
Re: Horse halters.

Well I bought her a regular nylon halter. It's a really dark blue. I'm going to try and find a way to get her name on it. Her old halter was a yearling halter (shows how small she was when I got her for a two year old) I bought a 800-1100 pound size halter and it's just a little bit too big.

#11 ·
If that average sized halter is too big for her, you may want to consider an Arab or Cob sized one; it sound's like she has a smaller face, and those ones will cater to her size much better. :wink:

As far as blankets...can't help you there, as there are so many types out there... country supply (online) may help you out some...I order alot from this 'store'. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.