First, I know I SHOULD call a vet for this and get the whole nose tube mineral oil/water thing done. I would love to call a vet, as I don't know how to safely do the nose tube thing myself, and I don't want to try. But thanks mostly to Covid and the recent freak ice/snow/no power/no water episode, we've been forced to miss a lot of work this fall and winter and have nearly completely devastated our emergency fund already. So my question is, do you know of anything I can do to help my mare aside from bringing out a vet? I've dealt with colic in the past, but always with a veterinarian. Best I can tell, she ate a bunch of the pampas grass my neighbor threw over the fence for my goats, and either she didn't chew it up well enough or it just didn't agree with her for some other reason. She IS POOPING. I could tell she was feeling off yesterday because I saw her lying down in the pasture more than usual, and she didn't eat when I threw out hay in the evening. I put her in a stall by herself with some water so I could monitor her pooping. She pooped while I was sitting out there with her last night, and she pooped again this morning. Less than usual, but still, I think pooping indicates she isn't blocked up, or at least isn't completely blocked up. She wants to lie down a lot and sometimes she tries to roll. I've walked her a bit, I let her nibble some grass to see if that would stimulate her system. I found a thing online that said coffee can help stimulate digestion in horses and ginger helps with digestive problems, so I tried giving her some coffee and ginger with an old wormer-type syringe I've kept. She spit most of it out, so I'm not sure it helped any. I went to TSC for some mineral oil and figured I'd try to give her some orally, as I saw that online somewhere as a recommendation for something to do while waiting for a vet to arrive. But I just did a little more reading and somewhere else was saying to never try to give mineral oil yourself because it might get in the lungs. Ugh. I might try anyway. I mean, the nose tube - I can see that going very wrong. But orally? That's how you give dewormer and bute... how can that be a big risk? If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful. If she doesn't improve in two or three hours I'm gonna call my vet and hope I don't have to give them every last dollar I have... I'll do whatever I can to save her but if I completely drain our savings and something else happens we won't have anything left. Thanks in advance to anyone who has any ideas. While I wait I'm going to take her for another walk and see if that helps.