The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it really is a good idea to house small goats in a dog house. Im thinking of getting 2 small goats pygmys or ND which ever breed i can find locally. I have a big dog house and a whole backyard that's fenced in so im ready to get goats but i want to be sure its really ok to put them in a dog house. Other wise i build them a shelter.

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,018 Posts
We use an X-large (I think) doghouse for 2 adult Nigi does. It works fine! Of course, a barn would be more convenient for feeding when raining, kidding in winter, etc.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright i live in Sw Mo so will make sure there is something on the front thought i will put it on the side of my rabbit barn to block lots of winter winds. I do want a doe but i will only do spring and summer kidding. If i got that route. Since im looking for cheep goats im sure they will be weatherd boys right now.

·
Registered
235 Posts
maybe throw a couple of straw bales around three sides of the house in the winter..helps with insulation..we built the tipis and pack a ton of straw around the base of them to help with drafts coming up through the bottom..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts