The Goat Spot Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
2341 - 2360 of 2401 Posts

·
Administrator
87,233 Posts
Members who were out of line have already been warned and given a strike for inappropriate behavior.

We all have our own opinions and beliefs, however, we should not attack others to hurt them.

There is a right way and a wrong way to discuss Covid. Think of how you are presenting your thoughts before you post. Read and reread. Keep it friendly.

There is info behind the scenes which the media doesn’t tell us, we just have to do our own research to try to help us with the truth.
Duck duck go is a better search engine, less truth blocked than google.

Covid is a difficult subject in all aspects and when the media etc lie to us about numbers and the truth about the dangers of the vaccine, or true numbers of true cases, who actually died from Covid itself, makes things pretty stressful.

Think about this, when we are being forced to get the jab, something is not right.

We really need to keep this thread alive for our sanity.

Worse case scenario for members getting out of control, can be temporally banning for those who will not head warning.

·
Super Moderator
15,358 Posts
Cathy sorry I misunderstood what Jessica was saying. But I’m not wanting to stop talking about issues surrounding the vaccine. So I guess that’s what I was trying to say. I agree with what you said. We need this thread to be able to talk about what’s going on in our world.
And vaccine talk is very much a part of that.

All need to refrain from being critical. We are all ‘adopted goat farmer family’ here. Or that’s how I see everyone here. We are family. So love and respect should be front and center in all that is said.

tami
No I’m with the others this is a great topic and a lot of good information (like the vitamin D you just posted) I don’t think it should be shut down. And you are right we all are kinda like family and are friends and sometimes we can forget that.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Was reading a few posts to get a bit caught up. Everyone should know what their vit d level is. If you don’t know you really should request this test.

Low vit d puts people at risk regarding strong immune system to fight against covid

I haven’t read all posts…..but I think maybe admins should just merely talk to the offenders who are causing the issues here instead of shutting down the thread.

I agree with littleheathens we have very few supportive places to talk for those of us from the NW and other areas who are not vaccinated. It’s great to have a place like this to talk.

I don’t think we should shut down this thread regarding talk about the vaccines.

Our world isn’t changing. It seems to only keep pushing ‘the get vaccinated or else’ thought. Australia now is requiring vaccine or you can’t serve in a church office. It’s ridiculous. We just found this out over the weekend from people in Australia.

So I think we need a place to talk. If people can’t be civil….that’s where admin need to step in talking to the people off thread.

Just my thoughts. Hope all have a great day today.
Highly agree knowing ones vitamin d and calcium levels before or during taking vitamin d supplements.

No one wants to end up hypercalcium.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'm happy to move away from the vaccine subject for now. :)

Here is a small but interesting study about T cells, which I don't believe have been talked about nearly enough in most discussions about immunity, which seem to largely revolve around antibodies. If offers up a theory as to why children are less affected by Covid. In 2020 there was some speculation as well as a few limited studies which suggested that T-cells primed by previous "common cold" coronaviruses could offer protection against Covid-19. Then there was silence on the issue for a long time before this new study was published today. I found it interesting to read.

I'll be the first to admit that the article is WAY over my head, but after quick scan, I found nothing related to children and COVID.
If you don't mind, could you explain? I usually find your points well written and easy to understand.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I'm not trying to make this place a dumpster fire. I definitely don't want to see or contribute to that and I apologize if I offended people. However, I equally do not want to see this thread become an echo chamber of anti-Covid vax sentiment, which it seems to be in constant danger of doing. Echo chambers are ultimately far more insidiously dangerous than Covid, or vaccines, or even dumpster fires. I'm not anti-Covid vax and I hope very desperately that the vaccines prove to be safe, not just in the short-term but also in the long-term. Otherwise, with billions of people around the world getting the vaccine, it will be devastating for the entire planet if it results in widespread harm. Time will ultimately tell who is right and who is dead. (Any Princess Bride fans out there?).

Despite my growing inclination to believe the vaccines are safe, I would have liked to see it proven through several years worth of clinical trials before widespread rollout. Emergency authorization could have been given for high-risk groups, but all others should have had to wait or enroll in a clinical trial to get the shot. If Covid-19 were a much deadlier virus with few decent treatments, I would understand cutting corners and shortening timelines as much as possible. But that is not the case so I don't think fast-tracking approval times or bringing in mandates is remotely appropriate for this situation. I would have liked to see a lot more caution in the rollout and more nuance to the narrative than, "No, take it! It's safe! It really is! We're experts and we know these things! You have our word!"

High-pressure tactics don't inspire trust. I'm a "wait and see" kind of person. I don't want to jump on any pro-vax or anti-vax bandwagon just because somebody tells me to believe them.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I'll be the first to admit that the article is WAY over my head, but after quick scan, I found nothing related to children and COVID.
If you don't mind, could you explain? I usually find your points well written and easy to understand.
Well, I'm glad someone finds me lucid if nothing else!

From the article:
"Previous work has suggested a higher prevalence of endemic coronaviruses infections in younger individuals11 and reduced prevalence of huCoV-specific T cells in older adults12."

In plain terms, kids get sick a lot and therefore have a higher level of active human coronavirus T-cells. It seems these active T-cells have a tendency to fade during adulthood as the frequency of illness wanes.

This particular study did not include children, but the way I read it, adults who had active human coronavirus memory T-cells associated with common colds avoided infection from SARS-Cov-2 after close exposure. The upshot here is that the mRNA vaccines were built to target the spike protein associated with Covid-19. The spike protein mutated and is therefore dodging vaccine protection. However, memory T-cells don't just target a single feature of a foreign pathogen. They target other features as well, which means they may recognize a new Covid mutation because of its similarities to various features of familiar coronaviruses. The takeaway for researchers is that if mRNA technology is to be useful across various mutations, it has to target more features than just the spike protein.

This is the kind of stuff that flies in the face of the narrative that vaccination is more effective than natural immunity. I'm tired of hearing from the pro-vax crowd that natural immunity offers little or no value compared to vaccination. I agree that vaccination is probably statistically safer than acquiring immunity through disease, but no one should be downplaying the miraculous workings of our natural immune systems either. There is a lot to be learned from them! Scientists have a tendency to put themselves on a pedestal that only God should occupy. We live in a fallen and corrupt world and medical advances are a wonderful way to counter the deficiencies of nature, but it needs to be done with humility in the face of thousands of years of Intelligent Design and Evolution. We vaccinate to help the immune system--not to replace it.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Double whammy! I think I will just stay in my barn- avoid everyone! I hate getting sick!
I second that. Too bad I can't work from home the goats would love it! Our robotics competition got cancelled today. No out of state travel and no off campus trips in state. So looking for virtual challenges or virtual events now.

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
2,150 Posts
Oh no! Now people are bound to start panic-buying ice-cream! We'll be required a prescription for all frozen dairy products before we know it! 🤣🍧
If that really does happen, then the world would definitely be coming to an end! Don't think anybody would be able to live without getting ice cream in the afterhours or when all the doctors are closed! 🤣

Guess what though? Us dairy goat peeps are lucky duckies 'cause we can make our own ice cream when ever we want. 😎 Better not tell anyone about that though...they'd all be knocking on our doors. Or....we could make a killing selling black-market ice cream when the docs are out..... 🤔 🤣

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Forget about Farm Life Coffee Co. the future is in Farm Life ICE CREAM CO.! 🤣
Ok another video idea to add to the parody lost now Lol.

Better keep this on the DL. Or they will start taking everyone goats or charging us a goat tax for having access to ice cream queens!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Bootleg ice cream... hmm... I kind of like this idea. We could make a killing!
I can run the Pueblo and Trinidad operations with my Italian and Mexican mafia connections. Who wants Chicago? New York? Miami? L.A.? I think a fleet of armor-plated freezer trucks is in order!
The secret is out on your connections now! Lol. Well Tennessee shouldn't need to bootleg it. If they can't stop the on going drug problem in the state they can't stop home made ice cream!

Do you need someone to ride shotgun? Lol

·
Super Moderator
15,358 Posts
The sad thing is though you loose your taste so you can’t even enjoy the doctors orders! But I will say I still enjoyed my big sticks when I had it. I’m also a huge soda person so putting them in the freezer where they were a degree under freezing was nice too. But I didn’t go with the real deal ice cream because I had so much crud I was coughing up I didn’t want to add to it.

2341 - 2360 of 2401 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.