The Goat Spot Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
2361 - 2380 of 2401 Posts

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I'll be the first to admit that the article is WAY over my head, but after quick scan, I found nothing related to children and COVID.
If you don't mind, could you explain? I usually find your points well written and easy to understand.
I have a follow-up reply. I read an article this morning that pretty well breaks down the raw study and explains it in layman's terms (because yes, trying to glean information directly from research papers can be quite difficult). It says what I was trying to say but in better terms and with more detail.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Well, I'm glad someone finds me lucid if nothing else!
I doubt there are many who would find your writing unlucid (nonlucid? maybe illucid?)

From the article:
"Previous work has suggested a higher prevalence of endemic coronaviruses infections in younger individuals11 and reduced prevalence of huCoV-specific T cells in older adults12."

In plain terms, kids get sick a lot and therefore have a higher level of active human coronavirus T-cells. It seems these active T-cells have a tendency to fade during adulthood as the frequency of illness wanes.

This particular study did not include children, but the way I read it, adults who had active human coronavirus memory T-cells associated with common colds avoided infection from SARS-Cov-2 after close exposure. The upshot here is that the mRNA vaccines were built to target the spike protein associated with Covid-19. The spike protein mutated and is therefore dodging vaccine protection. However, memory T-cells don't just target a single feature of a foreign pathogen. They target other features as well, which means they may recognize a new Covid mutation because of its similarities to various features of familiar coronaviruses. The takeaway for researchers is that if mRNA technology is to be useful across various mutations, it has to target more features than just the spike protein.
I knew you could 'splain it to me. Thanks for that. It is making sense now.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I have a follow-up reply. I read an article this morning that pretty well breaks down the raw study and explains it in layman's terms (because yes, trying to glean information directly from research papers can be quite difficult). It says what I was trying to say but in better terms and with more detail.

Thanks for that too.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
DDFN: flurona? Never heard of that. The name is funny but I bet that they sure get sick with both!! Not good.

A lot seems to be getting shut down again here it seems due to omicron. Or it seems to be headed that direction to shut down. Hopefully it won’t last and we can get on with our lives again!

Thing is if they are eating ice cream that’s a immune suppressant because of the sugar. My college heath teacher taught me that. For approx 2hrs after eating sugar your immune system is lowered. So if your exposed to anything you’d be more apt to get whatever your exposed to. On the switch side if you fast that boosts your immune system. Pretty interesting how our bodies work!

Nobody thinks your unlucid damfino

Hope you all have a wonderful day! We’ve been having some decent days without rain so I’m moving the burn pile to the flower beds. Getting a head start on spring!

·
Registered
848 Posts
From DC Mayor:

Remember that starting Saturday you will need these three things before heading out:
1. Proof of Vaccination (12 years +)
2. Proof of Vaccination and Photo ID (18 years +)
3. Mask

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if there will be much blow-back. What happened to hand washing and "social" distancing?

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Thing is if they are eating ice cream that’s a immune suppressant because of the sugar. My college heath teacher taught me that. For approx 2hrs after eating sugar your immune system is lowered. So if your exposed to anything you’d be more apt to get whatever your exposed to. On the switch side if you fast that boosts your immune system. Pretty interesting how our bodies work!
On the other hand, eating ice cream releases endorphins, which everyone knows are super-power-immune boosters. ;)

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
From DC Mayor:

Remember that starting Saturday you will need these three things before heading out:
1. Proof of Vaccination (12 years +)
2. Proof of Vaccination and Photo ID (18 years +)
3. Mask

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if there will be much blow-back. What happened to hand washing and "social" distancing?
Since "proof" consists of a piece of paper that anyone can easily make on a home printer and a piece of cardstock, I wonder how many of those "vaccinated" people are actually vaccinated?

Every time someone claims that vaccine mandates boost compliance, my skeptical side says, "Yeah... you only think they complied."

·
Registered
848 Posts
Now you are going too far. Thinking that some people might cheat the system. Come on now....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nurse in Italy arrested over fake Covid vaccines scam

At least 50 people reportedly paid the suspect to obtain a vaccination pass without receiving the jab

A nurse has been arrested in Italy over a Covid-19 vaccine scam that saw at least 50 people pay to receive a vaccination pass without being jabbed, police in Italy have said.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COVID news -- it just keeps getting more bizarre.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
DDFN: flurona? Never heard of that. The name is funny but I bet that they sure get sick with both!! Not good.

A lot seems to be getting shut down again here it seems due to omicron. Or it seems to be headed that direction to shut down. Hopefully it won’t last and we can get on with our lives again!

Nobody thinks your unlucid damfino

Hope you all have a wonderful day! We’ve been having some decent days without rain so I’m moving the burn pile to the flower beds. Getting a head start on spring!
Yeah funny name and I didn't even come up with it. One of my students asked me about it the first day the name was released and I was like well here we go again. Trying explaining that it's two separate things and not a new mutation of covid.

Side note amazing how this part of Tennessee seems like a free for all! Have symptoms? No worries, just keep going day by day like nothing is different. No mask required and no testing required. . .wait what really? Yup.

Sending smoke signals wouldn't even help at this point.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yeah funny name and I didn't even come up with it. One of my students asked me about it the first day the name was released and I was like well here we go again. Trying explaining that it's two separate things and not a new mutation of covid.

Side note amazing how this part of Tennessee seems like a free for all! Have symptoms? No worries, just keep going day by day like nothing is different. No mask required and no testing required. . .wait what really? Yup.

Sending smoke signals wouldn't even help at this point.
I'm so envious! We try to find all the restaurants, activities, weekends, etc, we can to get away from our county. It's so stifling and terrible for the economy.

This came my way today, https://brownstone.org/articles/ehud-qimrons-powerful-letter-to-the-israeli-ministry-of-health/\ along with a similar toned article on Unherd Has the Great Barrington Declaration been vindicated? Our Supreme Court is about to rule on the OSHA mandates...IDK but I feel like we're on the cusp of change. Not Canada though. Emigrate much, Mike?

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I'm so envious! We try to find all the restaurants, activities, weekends, etc, we can to get away from our county. It's so stifling and terrible for the economy.

This came my way today, https://brownstone.org/articles/ehud-qimrons-powerful-letter-to-the-israeli-ministry-of-health/\ along with a similar toned article on Unherd Has the Great Barrington Declaration been vindicated? Our Supreme Court is about to rule on the OSHA mandates...IDK but I feel like we're on the cusp of change. Not Canada though. Emigrate much, Mike?
Excellent links!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts

Well information is being withheld from certain individuals in certain fields aka teachers. This popped up today and I can so relate.

Hope it's ok to share a YouTube video link here.

·
Super Moderator
15,358 Posts
It’s super weird here! In my area, my small wonderful town lol it’s almost like it’s normal. We do have a mask mandate in the state but no one is enforcing it here. Except the school and the post office. But the few times I go into the city and you don’t dare get close to a business without that mask!
It’s kinda interesting, and sad, don’t get me wrong, on what is going on at the school. So we have a very small community and not very many kids that are in the district for the high school. So they let out of district kids in and the majority of those kids are from the city. Covid is going threw that school like crazy! I got a email Monday morning that my son had been exposed twice, once from a teacher and once from a student, and he will need to be tested. They have so many kids that have been exposed they have not even gotten to my son yet because there are so many kids that need to be tested. Now he’s not showing a single symptom, not even a occasional dry cough, but for all they know he is like my husband with very little signs and is spreading it. But my son said so many kids are being sent home because they have tested positive. I would not be surprised if we go back to distant learning again.
On my daughters side, home schooled and only goes once a week for what they call enrichment classes, basically getting some social skills. Last year they were maxed out from the beginning on students. The beginning of this year hardly any kids, she went this week and 8 new kids, just that showed up for the “fun” day not counting how many went to homeschool and just didn’t attend. So it’s going to be quite interesting to see how this all plays out. The only bad thing is with more kids comes more covid germs and in that school if someone tests positive everyone is out for 10 days. Doesn’t matter if they wear a mask or not. No testing to confirm they are negative.
I’ll tell you I absolutely feel for the parents that both have to work. The whole unknown and having to take 10 days off at a drop of a hat has got to be rough! I am definitely feeling blessed being a stay at home mom right now!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Oh great, an unvax tax in Canada.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quebec to force unvaccinated to pay 'significant' financial penalty
Adult Quebecers who refuse to be vaccinated against COVID-19 will be forced to pay a “significant” financial penalty, Premier Francois Legault said Tuesday, one day after the sudden resignation of the province’s public health director.

The penalty would be the first of its kind in Canada and would apply to unvaccinated residents who don’t have a medical exemption, Legault told reporters in Montreal. The “health contribution” is necessary, he said, because about 10 per cent of adult Quebecers aren’t vaccinated, but they represent about half of all patients in intensive care.

Last week, Quebec announced it would expand the vaccine passport system by requiring proof of vaccination to enter liquor and cannabis stores. Health Minister Christian Dube has said he was mulling extending the passport further, to shopping malls and personal care salons.

In Austria, residents aged 14 and over could start facing fines of up to $5,147 if they aren’t vaccinated against COVID-19 by March 15. In Greece, those over 60 have until Jan. 16 to get a first dose of vaccine or be fined $143 a month, while in Italy, residents 50 and older are required to be vaccinated or could face fines of up to $2,287.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think we should just stop playing around. Enough with the incentives and coersion. Let's just go door to door and force vax everyone and be done with it.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
^ That stuff is crazy. Especially for a disease that most people do recover from, and that already appears to be evolving on its own into something more closely resembling a common cold, and for which vaccination is becoming less and less effective. Even Portugal, which has over 99% vaccination rate, is currently recording its highest number of cases since the pandemic began. Thankfully those folks are largely staying out of hospitals, but at this point there's not one first world country whose vaccination rate is so low that the unvaccinated are liable to create a burden on hospitals. This is not a national emergency anywhere. I suspect these overbearing governments may end up with a lot of civil unrest and riots on their hands. You can only push people so far before they push back. They should reserve this kind of strong-arming for a true emergency.

·
Super Moderator
32,966 Posts
That's totally nuts!!!

Reactions: Moers kiko boars

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
6,784 Posts
Im suprised if the Cannibus users dont freak out about this Canadian law! Lol lol its taken years for them to get it legally, and now...another government block..!
Covid is here to stay. Wether you are vaxed or not. Its just ashame the same rules dont apply for Every type of Vaccine is required..We would all be standing in lines getting several injections, like in the military intro.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Oh great, an unvax tax in Canada.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quebec to force unvaccinated to pay 'significant' financial penalty
Adult Quebecers who refuse to be vaccinated against COVID-19 will be forced to pay a “significant” financial penalty, Premier Francois Legault said Tuesday, one day after the sudden resignation of the province’s public health director.

The penalty would be the first of its kind in Canada and would apply to unvaccinated residents who don’t have a medical exemption, Legault told reporters in Montreal. The “health contribution” is necessary, he said, because about 10 per cent of adult Quebecers aren’t vaccinated, but they represent about half of all patients in intensive care.

Last week, Quebec announced it would expand the vaccine passport system by requiring proof of vaccination to enter liquor and cannabis stores. Health Minister Christian Dube has said he was mulling extending the passport further, to shopping malls and personal care salons.

In Austria, residents aged 14 and over could start facing fines of up to $5,147 if they aren’t vaccinated against COVID-19 by March 15. In Greece, those over 60 have until Jan. 16 to get a first dose of vaccine or be fined $143 a month, while in Italy, residents 50 and older are required to be vaccinated or could face fines of up to $2,287.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think we should just stop playing around. Enough with the incentives and coersion. Let's just go door to door and force vax everyone and be done with it.
Any suggestions on what to do to help you? Solutions? I'm sorry, Canadians.

With the Supreme Court knocking down the OSHA mandated vaccinations (YAY!) and another federal judge requiring trial data be released to the public in 8 months instead of the FDA's requested 76 years, I think we're making progress here. But, man, is it painful.

My kids are pining to go to Canada on a trip- we'd LOVE it but it's a pipe dream now.

2361 - 2380 of 2401 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.