How are you guys handling the Coronavirus chaos?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by HoosierShadow, Mar 12, 2020.

1. luvmyherd

luvmyherd Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    Well, our county has had a ridiculous surge in cases. And I do not think it is entirely due to more testing. Hospitalizations are way up as well. Most everything that was opened up has been reclosed. Not sure how much good any of it is doing as there are many counties with restaurants and activities still open. So people from closed counties will be traveling to the open ones and spreading germs around.
    Our local fireworks were cancelled which I do not understand at all. Most of us watch from our cars anyway. They could close the watching area and still let the show go on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Yes I hear you. Its awful. My state has had more deaths lately..than when it first hit. I really dont understand why people wont wear masks. Yes I know they are a pain, hot, and uncomfortable..but they stop the spread! Why is that so hard to understand? Its ashame we cant think of others long enough to wear a mask in a store.

luvmyherd likes this.

3. Nigerian dwarf goat

Nigerian dwarf goat Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    It is mandatory in every single town in texas that has over 20 cases (literally every town lol!) to wear a mask.

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  4. luvmyherd

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    We have a mask mandate but it is not being enforced.

5. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I think all stores should put up a sign..
    NO.SHIRT
    NO.SHOES
    NO.MASK
    NO SERVICE!
    THANKYOU

NDinKY, luvmyherd and Iluvlilly! like this.
  6. jschies

jschies Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2014
    There have been 399 deaths out of every 1 million people in the United States from Covid 19. I know several people who have been exposed, but not one who has it. I know that some people are getting really sick from this, but I sure don't know any. My husband and son are really having a hard time dealing with being told to wear masks and they aren't unreasonable people. They are educated and absolutely not trouble makers. I will be so glad when this is all over.

upload_2020-7-4_8-47-14.png

7. Damfino

Damfino Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    Our local grocery has a sign that says, "WE HAVE ARMED SECURITY." All the cashier ladies are open carrying now. They've had too many altercations and threats over toilet paper, ground beef, wearing/not wearing masks, and people complaining about cashiers and customers wearing guns. I think carrying firearms is recommended more than wearing masks these days. I guess it may help enforce social distance.

As a dedicated recreational pot state, we see signs that say "No shirt, no shoes, no problem."

Saw someone in a WWI type gas mask last month though. Cracked me up.

This is an interesting story. One of my friends just got back from Arizona because her son had a traumatic head injury and stroke and landed in Banner Hospital, which incidentally I'd seen on the news recently as being one of those reporting a full Covid ICU. Well this lady and her husband went down there to be with their daughter-in-law who was in distress because they wouldn't let her be with her husband despite him having a traumatic head injury. She was in even greater distress because they'd stuck him straight in the Covid ward even though he didn't have Covid. Policy was to assume he was positive until he tested negative, so they stuck him in with the Covid patients and disallowed an advocate despite him being unable to advocate for himself.

So his family went into protest mode, made signs and picketed the hospital. They were joined by other families that had similar stories. After being there all weekend, they were finally joined by a young woman who asked why they were protesting. When they explained, she said she was an investigator with the federal government. She'd interviewed Banner Health representatives and had been assured that they were accurately reporting Covid numbers and were allowing patient advocates. After speaking with the protesters, the investigator had words with the hospital. It's against federal law to prevent a patient from having an advocate when they can't speak for themselves. Within a few hours, the hospital changed policy and started allowing advocates. I'm not sure if they moved non-Covid patients out of the Covid ward, but hopefully they did. I can't think of a better way to spread disease than to pack all the patients without Covid into the Covid ward on assumption. Nor a better way to pad your Covid numbers. Was it an attempt to get more federal aid or something? I have no idea. And if the Covid ward is full because you've added a lot of non-Covid patients, what do the real Covid patients do? It was thoroughly messed up, but I'm glad the protesters got the attention of a federal investigator. Sounds like a pretty shady hospital. Hopefully my friend's son doesn't end up with Covid on top of his head injury.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh my word, now that is terrible they were exposing the innocent and people who do not have covid. :(

Prayers for your friends son and family.

Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  9. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Well-Known Member

They have now canceled the fireworks in quite a few towns/cities in NJ..

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  10. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Damfino thats an awesome story. Its good to see positive changes. Im sooo sorry for your friends heartache and im praying for the recovery of the young man.
    I dont agree with that hospitals way of thinking positive corid...till proven neg. Thats just wrong!

luvmyherd and Iluvlilly! like this.
  11. NDinKY

NDinKY Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Kentucky
    Where I work, patients are all covid rule out until tested negative. That doesn’t mean they go to a special floor but it does mean we have to take covid precautions. Fortunately the tests come back pretty quickly, sometimes within a few hours. We have had surprise covid cases, coming in for nothing related. Also a lot of pneumonia and respiratory distress that are covid negative. We don’t usually see so much lung stuff in the summer, that’s usually more a winter thing, so who knows. Census is back up, not a ton of covid positive yet, we shall see what happens in the next week or so.

Damfino, I’m sorry your friend had to go through that. There should be patient advocates at the hospital to represent the best interests of the patient. The health system is probably freaking out a bit. I wonder if he wasn’t just in the MICU vs a Covid only unit. Covid pts requiring intubation are going to be in the ICU. Most places don’t have two medical icus so if he required that level of care they might not have had a choice. Some might only have one icu and not separate out surgery/trauma, medical, and neuro. Hope he’s doing better.

12. Damfino

Damfino Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    Taking Covid precautions is fine... putting all patients in a Covid ward until proven negative is not. It sounds like it took much longer than a few hours to get the lab results back, probably because it was over a weekend and maybe the lab closes? I'm not sure. Anyway, the hospital sounds very shady if they lied to a federal investigator and she had to find out the truth from family members standing on the street outside. No one should have to deal with dishonest hospital staff and policies on top of injury or sickness.

I think the constant dishonesty is what has me wearier than anything else surrounding this Covid-19 outbreak. Colorado was one of the first states to audit our Covid-19 death tolls and ended up removing a good 20-25% of egregiously false "Covid" cases. I think the most notorious was a person who died with 3 times more alcohol in his bloodstream than is considered lethal, but they declared it a Covid death anyway. That's when our governor put his foot down. I got so weary of hearing that beaches and parks and campgrounds were unsafe, but as soon as protests started, the media finally admitted that the virus is not easily transmitted outdoors. I could go on but I won't. I just wish there were more honesty in the media. While I'm already wishing, I'd also like a pet giraffe.

13. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

We know someone whose friend lost their daughter from a horse kick to the head. The death certificate said Covid-19. The parents were livid since that was not how their daughter died. How many more have really died from other causes but the hospital likes getting that $38,000 per covid death.

14. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

Exactly! Such bull hockey! So sorry for your friends!

15. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry to hear that. That’s awful, and the hospital making money off of lying like that is just plain wicked.

Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  16. MuldrowBeeandGoatFarm

MuldrowBeeandGoatFarm Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
    Texas
    I agree with "weary" from the dishonesty. It has all been so taxing. Not just the Covid lies and misinformation but the fact that I now find myself not sure what to even believe, in general, from what is being reported. From Sports, to Weather to the murder of George Floyd, not to mention all the protesting and riots. We had 2 separate peaceful protest here local with armed civilians guarding local memorials and NOTHING happened. The protesters were peaceful. Marched and chanted, peacefully. The armed guys guarded the WWII Memorial and the Korean War Memorial, with no problems. Both groups came together and talked about supporting each others positions. BUT THAT'S NOT NEWSWORTHY. So, I have given up on what's reported. Oh, and I wish for some River Otters......since we are making a list......

17. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I agree :up:..If the story is Not a Lie..Flambouyant..or causes chaos or disrupts our moral values...Its not reported.

18. luvmyherd

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    The press has become a scourge on all sides of the proverbial *isle*.
    I have literally opened my news feed to see two totally conflicting headlines side by side!.
    I can handle the truth and wish I could find it.

19. goathiker

goathiker I'm watching you Staff Member Supporting Member

The whole world is out of control. I've spent a couple weeks following videos hoping that the people beating and killing others would take their masks off. Isolate the pic and send it in. It gets to your soul after awhile.

Has anyone heard from the gal from S Africa? Last I knew her animals had been maimed and I know that farmers are being targeted there.

There's been a lot of good news as well, it's just not being reported. Over the last few months there have been literally hundreds of child predators put away. One bust in particular was over 300 adults including teachers, police, social workers, etc. More than 350 children were saved alive.

The best thing to do is just stay home and out of the violence as much as possible. Easy for most of us, not so easy for city dwellers. The disinformation is designed to tear everyone down. It's the same process that was used to destabilize the middle east years ago. I have never seen such hate in this country, not on this scale anyway, and I've been here a long time lol.

It will come right in the end. We already know that no matter what God, Light, Allah, G_D, Yeshua WINS.

That probably broke all the rules but, it needs said, and the whole stupid mess is political

20. jschies

jschies Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2014