How are you guys handling the Coronavirus chaos?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by HoosierShadow, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Damfino

Damfino Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    HAHAHAHA!!! Very funny sign.

Too bad I'm guilty on every single front (even guilty of #2 once or twice).

As for #3: Not possible. Nothing can be both "tight" and "comfortable" at the same time (one reason I eschew bras). It's like saying your tinder needs to be both dry and damp. One of my husband's favorite sayings is, "Nothing's right when your underwear's tight!"

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

3. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

My daughter returns on Tuesday

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  4. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Ok. So I got through this danged virus. But it just does not let go. I started with the symptoms again today. Headache, fever, coughing. Had to be tested again. Then my doctor raised an interesting point. Once you had the viris it just dont leave the body and you are likely to test positive the srcond, third, fourth time. So I got broad spec antibiotics, flu meds and fever meds. Ugh and self isolation again. This is frikin crazy

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  5. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
  6. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Its all our doctors are goving if one symptom is an inflamed throat and sore ears. Its really precautions because nothings gets rid of this thing yet. I am beyond annoyed and really so over this

7. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

As my doc explained. With this second set of symptoms my imune system is down from my last experience. So bad bacteria caused an infection so the new symptoms include a throat infection and a high allergy level.

8. Damfino

Damfino Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    Sorry you're still sick? :( Are you sure it's the same bug? Did you test positive again? Or is this a case of having residual effects from the first bout?

I read the other day that the U.S. has had 5 million people test positive (that's about one in 70 people) but it is generally accepted that at least 10 times that many people have had it but weren't tested (this has generally been borne out by antibody tests). This means about 1 in 7 Americans has already had the virus. The fact that so many people have few or no symptoms is being pegged to T cells, which may recognize this coronavirus because of past experience with other related coronaviruses.

The fact that our case count is way up but our death rate is way down is very good news. There has been a lot of fear mongering about the "new wave" of cases being a harbinger of doom, and while some areas did see a small spike in deaths, it has been nowhere close to what was happening back in March and April. We can't begin to know how many cases occurred early in the year because tests were scarce and reserved for those with severe symptoms.

I have high hopes that like other common cold viruses, once people have had this one, even if their immunity eventually wears off, their T cells will remember it and be much better at fighting it off in subsequent encounters and symptoms will be fewer, shorter-lived, and far less serious.

9. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

These are risidual effects. South Africa is reaching its peak . They did a test today. My doc expects a pos result. He thinks its because i have a compromisd immune system. I dont think this will be as bad as my forst experience. I am just so annoyed

toth boer goats and Iluvlilly! like this.
  10. luvmyherd

luvmyherd Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    I do hope that you do not get as sick as before. We will be thinking positive thoughts for you.

Damfino and Iluvlilly! like this.
  11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  12. MidnightRavenFarm

MidnightRavenFarm Active Member

Jun 4, 2020
    Butler TN
    My daughter has been showing symptoms so she got tested today. It will be two days before we get the results. She looks so miserable. I wish I could take her place

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  13. Goataddict

Goataddict Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Abuja, Nigeria
    So sorry.(console)

Sending prayers (pray)

Hope she gets better.

Iluvlilly! and MidnightRavenFarm like this.
  14. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Midnight. Healing prayers

Iluvlilly! and MidnightRavenFarm like this.
  15. MidnightRavenFarm

Jun 4, 2020
    Butler TN
    Her temp is 102.4. She wants to go spend time with the new baby goats but she doesn’t have the energy. I feel so bad for her

Goataddict and Iluvlilly! like this.
  16. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Oh midnight. Lots of fluids. Lukecwarm tea. Not hot and not cold. Throat lozinges. And I found to break the fever a cool bath and asperines.
    Sending healing hugs.

17. MidnightRavenFarm

Jun 4, 2020
    Butler TN
    Thank you so much

toth boer goats likes this.
  18. Steampunked

Steampunked Active Member

Mar 23, 2015
    Australia
    My city went into extremely tight lockdown (one of the strictest in the world outside of Wuhan - we're not nailing people into houses though!) about a week and a half ago and now our community transmission cases are showing the very first signs of starting to drop. We have 9,293 cases in our country, and many were due to a bad outbreak in my city. We are trying to crush it to avoid it getting into areas such as Indigenous communities or other places without access to effective hospital treatment.

Hoping this is a sign of more good to come.

Not sure if anyone cares, but if you're curious this is our lockdown right now:

* Remain within 2.5 kms of your house (A total of 5kms diameter)
    * You can leave your house for 1 hr for exercise as long as it's within your house zone.
    * You must be masked unless there is a medical exemption or you're under 10 years old.
    * There is of course no school, everyone who can work from home is (we're a giant nation of mostly white collar, so it's not so bad). People who can't work from home are wearing masks and being provided, mostly, with sanitiser etc.
    * Anyone who has COVID must stay in their house - or hospital room.
    * Free testing/treatment for COVID with a very fast turnaround. Not that weird since there's free testing/treatment for a lot of stuff here. COVID is just one more.
    * Curfew of 8:00pm to 5:00am, almost no exceptions.

Any delivery group is counting their lucky stars and rolling in cash right now! A sudden thriving industry has sprung up around mailing out restaurant meals. Lots of people are giving food for free - a local bakery is providing bread for the hungry.

My work has said they expect a total of 50% of usual productivity as staff will be stressed. They have noted that parents like me are not expected to act 'normally' as we are teaching and people are to give parents or carers some slack if people are forgetful or stressed.

Moers kiko boars and Tanya like this.
  19. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Wow. We have been in that lockdown since March. Similar rules. Excersize is permitted a bit more but within the radius. You should see a drop. But once the lockdown loosens you might see it rise again. I dont think this virus will go away completely. Good luck.

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  20. Steampunked

Steampunked Active Member

Mar 23, 2015
    Australia
    Thanks! I'm definitely hoping so. Our area went into fast lockdown early which controlled, but then they opened schools up, and well. A tonne of people died. So now we're returning to sanity and hoping we all get through.

It's been really nice to see a community spirit blossom - lots of free giveaways. A refugee who couldn't access citizen payments is being supported locally. I'm really blessed in my community.