How are you guys handling the Coronavirus chaos?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by HoosierShadow, Mar 12, 2020.

1. luvmyherd

luvmyherd Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    We got to have our first visit with my mother-in-law today. She has dementia and is in a home. They had a nice table and chairs set up outside. It really drove home about what dementia is like. She had no idea she had not seen us for six months and just went right into her routine of asking why she is there, how long she has to stay and where her dog is.
    She actually tested positive and was quarantined for weeks but never developed any symptoms.
    I miss being in Arkansas where we could eat safely in (certain) restaurants and have small meetings. Things are not improving much here and cases continue to rise.

2. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

I am so sorry that everything there is so uncertain. I am glad your mother in law is in good health even though her dementia has not gotten worse.
    Here we in level 1. And our cases are diminishing. Remember you are in a different season to us. Be careful with yourselves.
    Sending blessings

luvmyherd and Moers kiko boars like this.

3. senoradirt

senoradirt Active Member

Sep 28, 2019
    Texas
    California is a place where mask compliance is very high, yet cases continue to rise. Not that cases matter much- because this "dangerous" virus has a survival rate of way up in the 90's% for most everyone. If this was a goat disease and survival rates were that high we wouldn't even bother to vaccine. As it is, we've been led to believe getting Covid is next to getting pancreatic cancer. It's not. And the mask, which doesn't work, is a talisman of our fear. I'm sick of it. Mandating mask wearing is a very dangerous precendent-shutting us down... dangerous...all of this is bad.

That is all.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I do agree.

It has been known, many people who have died, didn't die of corona, they died from something totally different. This is to get the numbers a lot higher for corona cases, than it actually is and to scare people.

Masks are known to be bad, as we adjust them a lot and most masks do not even block out anything.
    Some have passed out from not getting enough oxygen, wearing them. :(

5. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    I may be old school in my beliefs, but humans have survived some nasty things for quite a while and we've never experienced this level of medical dictation. Our bodies are made to fight illness. I don't mind when modern medicine works WITH our bodies to give us a little more power, but the mask thing goes against how humans were made to function. We breathe out toxins so we do not breathe them back in. A mask recycles them, and they go back into our lungs.

Does anyone here get canker sores/mouth ulcers? When trying to wear a mask, they got out of hand. This just went as an example that our body is not meant to re-breathe our air so directly.

But you know what, the masks aren't even my main beef. My problem is the bacteria.

I don't like hand sanitizer. I've never used it. After research on how it creates superbugs and lowers our immunity, I wasn't a fan. The chemicals in these sanitizers make bacteria stronger - forget about viruses. My problem is bacteria. Of course an essential oil + mild alcohol sanitizer that's all-natural has always been my go-to, as these do not have the hidden chemicals that most products do.

I truly believe that the over-sanitization of things for viruses has lead to stronger bacteria. From shopping carts to hospitals, everything gets wiped down with a sanitizer.

Since this started, I've never seen bacteria be stronger.

A family friend who underwent a surgery ended up in the ICU for a bacterial secondary infection.

My dog had a procedure done at a vet office where everything is over-sanitized as well, and he ended up with one of the strongest staph infections I've ever seen.

Now, medical facilities have always been very sanitized, which is partially why secondary infections happen from hospitalization. However, it's been heavily ramped up, and people are suffering from it.

Nobody is thinking about the bacteria through all of this. That's what I'm worried about.

Get outside, breathe in fresh air, smell the roses, eat fresh organic foods. Smile. :)

6. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

And pet your goats! They would enjoy a snack of those roses too while your at it.:lolgoat:

7. luvmyherd

luvmyherd Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    It sounds to me like we are all suffering Covid fatigue. I know I am.

8. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Yes..everyone has opinions..some are of sound medical research..some are of rebellion....some are of wanting to sound more authoritative & smart...but the mask is a requirement right now. Instead of it being all about me...maybe it can be.. so this is to help others. Not everyone is healthy. Not everyone has not had the covid..and in fear of a repeat. Others are just senseless boredom if you feel masks don't work. Then please go volunteer at a hospital and help those that are in need. I'm sure the medical, hospital staff would appreciate your support.

9. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    I am over it now. Esp with the “protests” that are happening for other reasons. People can go “protest” all day long and be all against each other with and without masks and not a word is said about covid. But you want to have a funeral or wedding or heck a kids birthday party... nope cannot do. Or even the kids cannot go to school but they can still play sports. It just makes no sense.

In NC bars cannot be open. But other small businesses can and do not even get me started on big box stores. But back to the bars.... some have even put in kitchens when everything but walmart, lowes, hd... etc were shut down and are still told no they cannot open under the restaurant rules. But. You can go sit in any other restaurant that serves booze and drink all day long... up until the alcohol curfew that has been put in place. So learn me how this kind of nonsense even works? :/.

It is the two sided rules that is pissin me off.

momto6ls, GoofyGoat, Damfino and 4 others like this.
  10. Damfino

Damfino Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    I'm barely affected by anything Covid-related and nevertheless I'm completely over it. I HATE the stupid mask thing. In my opinion it's saving exactly NO ONE and it's making the entire world look like a horribly creepy zombie apocalypse movie. I can see exactly why people are rioting, burning, looting, and generally going nuts right now. The temptation to join the general destruction is quite alluring to those who have nothing to lose and for whom the world is no longer an appealing place to live. I'm ready to stop seeing people until I can actually look at their faces again. I guess this is one reason I rarely go anywhere "public" these days, which is a real shame because normally I love people. But as long as we all have to wear masks, I'm sick of people. No one wants to talk to anyone and we can't hear one another even if we try. No one wants to sit near others or make eye contact any more. It's creepy enough to drive some of us insane. If Covid were an actual deadly disease it would feel worth it, but it doesn't feel worth it for a glorified cold/flu bug that me and everyone I know already had last winter.

What gets me really riled up is the intentional fear-mongering. The town of Salida was going to roll out mass antibody testing last spring, but then the authorities turned around and declined the tests because they were afraid that if a lot of people tested positive for antibodies it would give them a "false sense of security". Instead they wanted people to stay terrified and avoid each other. WHY??? Are they really THAT concerned that people will turn right around and get sick again? If that really and truly is a concern, then they need to STOP holding out FALSE HOPE that anyone will ever develop a working vaccine. This entire charade is JUST PLAIN CRUEL!!!

Half the people I know aren't wearing masks any more despite mandates to do so. They're just sick of the pandemic theater. I'm a "good little sheeple" and I wear my mask (most of the time). It has boogers, dirt, motor oil, and a bloodstain on it. I've never washed it in about 3 months and I don't plan to. If I take it out of my truck for any reason, I always forget to put it back in so it has to stay. If this "pandemic theater" lasts for three years, that mask won't be washed for three years. Oh well. If it grosses everyone out I don't care. I don't care about much anything regarding Covid any more. I'm just over it. Since my grandmother died on January 1st, I've had more people die around me in 2020 than in all the years leading up to this combined. And NOT ONE died of Covid-19 so at this point the entire farce is feeling more and more like "fake news". If I knew even one person who died of this disease I could maybe have slightly more faith in the narrative, but as it is all I know is a string of people who got it and recovered. It's REALLY bad when you almost wish you knew someone who died or was even seriously ill just so you could believe that the insanity we're going through is worth it. /rant

Speaking of death, we buried my dad last Saturday. It's why I haven't been around here much lately. He went downhill fast around his 66th birthday and died a week later. He had a way more deadly disease than coronavirus. It's called cancer. Some suggested last spring that we hunker down and not get together with family until "this all blows over" in the fall. Well, it never blew over and if we'd followed that advice we would never have seen my dad again and we'd have missed some very special times. My dad was surrounded by friends and family and had a lot of good memories from his last days. He had a very nice funeral and we saw lots of old friends from way back.

Phil and I are on our way to Utah for our annual "goat vacation" but we had time to stop in Salida today on our way out of town. We had lunch with my mom and visited my dad's grave. We're sure going to miss him. He was a great guy.

Here is the slideshow I put together for my dad's funeral:

11. jschies

jschies Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Damfino, I am so sorry about your dad. I'm glad that your family was able to spend time with him.

Here in Texas, the restaurants can open at 75%, but bars are still closed. So is this science or morality police?

12. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm so sorry for your loss, Damfino. I agree with you about the whole corona virus thing.

13. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Damfino..very sorry yoi lost your dad..having that time with him was pricless. ((Hugs))

14. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

I didn't even know him, but I cried watching your slide show. He seemed like he had great fun and love in his lifetime. My deepest condolences to you.

15. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    So so sorry about your dad! That IS a crazy hard one to do for sure! I remember you saying to heck with rona and loving him til his time came. Good for you!

16. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

@jschies alcohol creates more casualties and less beds in hospital

Moers kiko boars and luvmyherd like this.
  17. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so very sorry for your loss. :(

Very heartbreaking and sad, corona virus stuff has stopped a lot of precious time with him. Glad you did ignore the warnings and have that time.

I agree with everything you said. :hug:

18. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

@Damfino I am so sorry about your dad.

Damfino and Moers kiko boars like this.
  19. IHEARTGOATS

IHEARTGOATS Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Zebulon, NC
    @Damfino I'm sorry about your dad.
    I feel much the same way you do about corona.
    So, over it.
    At first for safety we tried to not get together with our folks. My FIL is 91, MIL 88, Dad 78, Mom 75. Finally, they decided they had had enough. Decided we were all tired of hiding.

20. Nigerian dwarf goat

Nigerian dwarf goat Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    Damfino, I'm sorry about your dad

I didn't go back to school, but most of my school went back in August. Technically they should be shut down already. Got their first confirmed case the 3rd day, 3 other people went home the 4th day not feeling well, about 2 weeks later a girl got in a wreck, went to the hospital and tested positive,then her friend tested positive the day after that, and my friend had corona symptoms, but didnt get tested, and went back the day after her last fever, even though school rules are you have to wait 24 hours after your last fever. That stuff bothers me SO much. FREE TESTING PEOPLE!!! I know it hurts and it's scary to get tested, but golly, one girls excuse was its too expensive... What?? 0.00$ is too expensive? 2 other kids in my class just went to the national show in Dallas, and are going back Monday. Really?

If I ran the school, if you are gone one day, you dont come back until I get a negative test. It's selfish. Some kids live with their grandparents and HAVE to go back to school because they simply can't learn online. Which is Understandable. But do you know how bad those kids would feel if they brought it home and one of their grandparents happened to not make it? I know death rates are lower because we simply know how to treat it now, but man... Some people only care about themselves and it shows. If y'all can't tell, I really dislike most of the people at my school lol. I can't wait to get outta there

On the other hand, I'm failing my first class lol... Social studies, but most of my class is failing that class because she's a really bad teacher. They hired a bunch of new teachers this year actually, and 3 of them have already been reported to the principle for not doing their job, so everybody is failing classes.

I haven't been able to get here much lately, which stinks. Online school really makes you tired of looking at a screen all day. But it's better than having to be around the kids in my class. Keep in mind, I'm a very social person but the kids in my class make we wanna scream lol. Either they are the stereotypical really mean popular, girls, or the boys who's only personality trait is playing video games. My friend is a year above me and shows cows, so all we talk about is goats and cows stuff lol

So... As you can tell I had a lot of catching up to do!! Lol. I hope y'all are staying safe and getting a lot of warm goatie snuggles during the fall!! I love fall in Texas sooo much, especially at the crack of dawn. It's so perfect.