How are you guys handling the Coronavirus chaos?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by HoosierShadow, Mar 12, 2020.

1. healthyishappy

healthyishappy Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Utah
    If y'all haven't realized what a smoke screen this whole mess is yet then I worry about your mental health.

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Keep it friendly, keep it fun. No personal attacks.

3. Iluvlilly!

Iluvlilly! Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and nobody should judge other peoples opinions unless asked to.

4. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    I hate that everytime I get a scratchy throat I feel like "is this IT?" Am I gonna die? Yeah, I know it sounds dumb, but I'm getting some age on me, and have hay allergies, which always cause me to get a dry throat when the barn is sort of closed up- I still have a panicky feeling! What if it is COVID19? The sore throat goes away after chores, but every day it's the same nonsense.
    DH has lung trouble, so I'm so careful not to get near him if I even sniffle. (I pretty much live in the barn or an old camper I have if I get a cold.)

When will I learn? I'm tired of scary times!

5. Boers4ever

Boers4ever Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2020
    East Texas
    I’m with ya @Goats Rock. A few months ago I woke up with a sore throat. I actually thought I had Covid. It went away after a couple days though.
    This has been a rough year for my family. My Step-grandad was in the nursing home and he got it. He was in ICU for several weeks. He was 90. Well he got over it and went back into the nursing home and then caught it again. He didn’t make it this time. My poor grandma hadn’t seen him since February. I also lost 2 uncles. They did not have COVID though. And my mom’s mother died in February.
    2020 is a rough year. Whew.

6. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Wow @Boers4ever ..I am so sorry for your losses. That's a rough year sending prayers of strength and comfort to you & yours!(pray)

7. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

@Boers4ever I am so sorry for all the loss you have suffered.

8. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Boers4ever, I'm so sorry for your losses.

Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  9. Boers4ever

Boers4ever Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2020
    East Texas
    Thanks everyone. The prayers are much appreciated!

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    You were already warned by one moderator to keep it friendly keep it fun. And now me after the 2nd comment.
    Please do not be rude.

If by chance you were offended by my comment about the president and first lady.
    I was just suggesting, no one is safe from the virus, if the president gets it. And I do not wish it upon an enemy or anyone, no matter who it is.

Prayers are needed for all who come down with it, no matter who they are.

If it wasn't my comment, which triggered your response, then I am sorry I was wrong.

Being mean is not the way to go here on TGS.

11. Iluvlilly!

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Uhh Karen warned somebody else, not me.....
    In no way was I trying to be rude I am so sorry if I did something wrong, I love TGS and I would never want to be rude to anybody........

luvmyherd likes this.
  12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :oops2::up:

I had been editing posts on this thread, was a lot of reading through, because of political reasons and things which will cause conflict.
    According to the rules.

:bonk:Stupid me, I wasn't paying attention to who wrote it apparently, and now see you said nothing wrong there, my apologies.
    :imsorry:Please forgive me. :hug:

13. Iluvlilly!

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    :up:Hey no problem!! You are definitely forgiven:) And thanks for keeping this site safe and fun I know we all appreciate it so much:ty::squish:

14. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

I was watching the international news this morning. I really hope President Trump has not been booked out too early. I could see how he was battling. Breathing becomes very difficult. Lets hope that the elections hasn't caused him distress unnecessarily
    And here on the home front Gizmo got onto my dinning room table and destroyed my lounge. So I think he has the Covid blues. He is more a house goat than Destiny.(doh)
    I still battle to breath normally even though I have been medically cleared. If I get a wiff of the smell of amonia and sanitizer I lose my breath.
    So that is how I am handling the virus.....

15. luvmyherd

luvmyherd Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    I hope you are soon 100%. I am so very sorry you got this disease but the knowledge I have gained from you is beyond value.
    It is impossible to know what is going on in the White House due to conflicting reports. But I fear a dreadful relapse could be in our future. He is getting care unequal to just about anyone on the planet; but getting him to follow doctors orders is another thing.

Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  16. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

This virus is a bane for the world. But we are a strong species. Yes those of us that survive its onslaught have to adjust to the actermath but remember this is what builds our immunity. I had swine flue last year bird flu the year before. I have survived cancer of the brain, the death of my husband and my beloved chi ken. But gere is the lining on my dark cloud. Both my girls are here with me. My Destiny survived a crippling attach. Gizmo gives me the giggles daily. I still bleed red blood and I still rescue animals. God is great.

17. momto6ls

momto6ls Active Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Central Utah
    (console)
    I hate to put a damper on things... but they won’t let you in the hospital unless you are sick. I’m pretty sure the hospital staff would appreciate your support, but they can’t have it. The hospital policies won’t allow it.

That’s how stupid this whole thing is... the people making the rules are not the people who have a sliver of an idea about epidemiology. :shrug:

The more information, research, stats I read, the more angry I get. As a nurse, I was all about not overwhelming the medical community. We did a great job. Saved lives. But now we are losing more lives from the consequences of the shutdown that was supposed to last 2 weeks...7 months ago.

I was actually in traffic on the freeway that completely stopped... because someone jumped off the overpass into traffic. :( I hope the insanity stops soon.

18. momto6ls

momto6ls Active Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Central Utah
    I’ll just share what I did to find facts. I went to the CDC website. (embarrassed) That took some doing because I don’t trust the CDC. But I went to the area where they give info for medical professionals. They are more likely to tell them the truth. What I found was amazing! Even THEY want to decrease the quarantine time.

Here’s the scoop. There were several research studies that showed in normal people after 10 days of infection the virus is not strong enough to replicate. That means they are no longer contagious even if they still have symptoms! People are most contagious 2 days BEFORE symptoms. My husband is on day 21. I have been sleeping next to him the whole time. I never got it. I DON’T HAVE TO BE IN QUARANTINE ANYMORE. :coolmoves:
    My mother has cancer. My son has asthma. As a nurse I act by medical information, not by news cycles or ridiculous mandates from politicians.

information is out there. You just have to know where to look.

19. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

I am in tears. What a beautiful thing to say.