How are you guys handling the Coronavirus chaos?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by HoosierShadow, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

@MellonFriend it is the truth and I try stay positive. I hope it inspires every one else.

2. luvmyherd

luvmyherd Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    Thank you momto6ls. I admitted I did not want to work that hard.;) I am glad you did. I just wish the information was available to everyone without all the *reality* TV drama.

We are finally heading to WA tomorrow after many setbacks. (Smoke, family drama/health etc.) We have not isolated for 2 weeks like we did before going to AR. But the circumstances are different and we will be staying in a separate house so we should be able to distance safely until we all feel comfortable. It will just feel so good to get away and the kids (even the surely 17yo) are looking forward to it.

3. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Please be safe and enjoy your travels! I bet the scenery as you drive is nice.

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

@luvmyherd please travel safely. Be well. And enjoy the change

Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  6. Boers4ever

Boers4ever Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2020
    East Texas
    Well everyone prayers for my family would be lovely right now. We were all tested and it came back positive. Cold like symptoms. We are quarantined for 14 days. I had a big show on Saturday too!

7. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Oh my. Please be safe. Sending prayers. (pray). Please keep us informed how.you are..and take care.

cristina-sorina and Iluvlilly! like this.
  8. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Praying for your whole family

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  10. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Prayers for your family.

Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  11. luvmyherd

luvmyherd Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    Thank you everyone. We could not bring the motor home as my daughter has no place to park it. Luckily she has a good friend just a couple of miles away who is not living in her house right now and was thrilled to have someone staying here.
    We had to use public restrooms but the rest stops were all cleaner than I have ever seen them before. The doors were propped open and the toilets self flushing so we could literally use them without touching anything. We carried our own food so we would not have to risk restaurants.
    With the kids all distance learning it is good that we have a place to go so we are not a distraction to their school work. We spend evenings there but still kind of keep our distance for now. I am pretty sure none of us are infected (they have been tested recently) and I am sure we will sigh and share space in a few days. It is just that they live in what was one of the first super hot spots so they have been practicing distancing with an abundance of caution for a really long time. I am sure they are more afraid of infecting us (the old people) than of us infecting them.

Boers4ever, I am so sorry and hope you are all among the majority with minor symptoms and a speedy recovery.[​IMG]

12. Nigerian dwarf goat

Nigerian dwarf goat Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    boers4ever prayers! Hopefully yall are starting to feel better?

Well, its official! Our school is making the online kids go back on November 3rd... A lot of the online kids either switched schools to one that is still online, or they went completely homeschool. I am going to try the in-person school thing but i can already tell it isnt going to last. I will probably end up switching schools within a week or so lol. When we watch the recordings the teachers give us, all of the kids are talking, yelling over the teacher, its ridiculous. And the teachers have gotten extremely lazy this year as well.

Also, to me it is completely unfair that the teachers quit online because at the beginning of the year, they were given a choice: have the school hire someone and pay them to make the curriculum and help the online kids, or the teachers get a bonus and make their own curriculum and teach us. Now they are sending us back because the teachers say it is "too much work"... WHAT? Lol i know this sounds really snotty of me, but I would just tell the teachers what they tell the online kids when we need help with something: "suck it up and figure it out" (and yes, i was told that by a teacher because I had a question about a project)
    unless their bonus is being taken away, it doesnt seem right, and I'm sure the teachers knew what they were doing from the start.

13. Nigerian dwarf goat

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    All I can say now, is please, wear your mask, wash your hands, social distance, and please, vote. At least the top 3. Please, for the sake of our country, economy, and our world.

Iluvlilly! and luvmyherd like this.
  14. Ranger1

Ranger1 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2014
    I think as far as specifics about this virus, it hasn’t been around long enough for anyone to know much about it, so they should just give up trying and admit they don’t know how long the incubation period is, or if it transmits on surfaces, etc.

goatblessings and Iluvlilly! like this.
  15. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    In our area..mask wearing has lapsed some. But one thing I have seen are most the people in our area getting sick are mask wearers and those using hand sanitizer all the time.
    My husband feels mask wearing is becoming so common..and a big business..he feels we will be just like China..everyone wearing masks even when the threat is over.
    I hate that we are made to be afraid. I do not wear a mask. I won't wear one except to vote because I would not be allowed in other wise. I hold it on and remove it as soon as I'm out of there. Like many of you..im tired of all this imposed fear. Im ready for life to return to normal.

16. Damfino

Damfino Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    I won't be social distancing. My husband and I are flying to Texas for my grandfather's funeral this week. Yes, another person in my family died recently but once again not of COVID. I'll be staying there with my mom for a couple of weeks to help my granddad's widow who is getting her hip replaced on Nov. 4th. Then I'll be back home in time to host a big Thanksgiving as usual. Because right now, with all the deaths my family has experienced this year, we're just not going to stay isolated even if it is against the law. In Colorado we're not allowed to have gatherings of more than 10 people from 2 households any more--even in our own homes. I cannot and will not accept that.

I recently saw a sign in a shop window that said, "We isolate now so when we gather again no one will be missing." Well, my family is missing a lot of folks this year without help from the virus so if we "isolate now" it means accepting the fact that we'll never see them again this side of heaven. I'm not ok with that! Loneliness is worse than death. A friend of mine just lost her mother to loneliness in a nursing home. The virus didn't kill her--the quarantine did. My take: "We gather now so that when some go missing no one will be isolated."

17. Nigerian dwarf goat

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    Question: I had a big long educational post, and its down to my last sentence. If someone deleted that post, then i expect the post that i confronted to be deleted too. It was pretty much just showing my opinion, and i quoted post from another members opinion.

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  18. Damfino

Damfino Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    It's only because we mentioned politics. I debated the articles you posted because I thought they were inaccurate "fluff journalism" pieces so my post got shortened as well. The bottom line is, there is not and never has been a way to both contain the virus and keep the economy intact. If there was a way, some nation would have discovered it by now. However, not one country has escaped this pandemic unscathed or even just slightly bruised. The good news is that treatments have come a long way since last spring.

19. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    A personal friend and Dr was positive for covid some time early on. She and her first covid patient have done a small experiment. Each have done in 3 separate times so far, blood work to check their antibodies. Hers went from 9 to 90 to over 200(can't remember her exact number) antibodies are growing in number! Her first patient also had elevated antibodies. sure does give us pause.

And Damfino..im with you. I am so over this mask wearing social distancing stuff.

cristina-sorina and Iluvlilly! like this.