How are you guys handling the Coronavirus chaos?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by HoosierShadow, Mar 12, 2020.

1. cristina-sorina

cristina-sorina Well-Known Member

May 4, 2018
    Northeast Ohio
    I wish you were closer, I'd take some birds off your hands! Prayers for quick turkey sales and lots of freezer space!

2. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    :up: ME 2...ever since reading her bird sale info...I've been hungry for Turkey!

3. healthyishappy

healthyishappy Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Utah
    Oh ya. Theme parks are great right now since nobody goes.

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. luvmyherd

luvmyherd Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    Oh yeah! I think about putting on makeup and laugh at myself. I don't even worry too much about my hair.
    BIG PLUS..... When we bought wine the other day; the cashier was not sure we were 21!! We are more than half way through our 60's.(rofl)

6. Damfino

Damfino Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    I've never understood why anyone wears makeup. Or hauls a ton of junk everywhere they go (I refer to purses). I'm saying this as a woman... women are WEIRD!

Good things about COVID - Cheap plane tickets, cheap hotels, a down economy means cheap gas prices. In other words, travel is cheap right now!!

7. Damfino

Damfino Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    So I came down to Texas for my grandfather's funeral that took place last Friday. My cousin is a total anti-masker and since he's also a lawyer and a fast talker he has all the arguments and can make anyone stand down. He's a very happy-go-lucky person with a beguiling and infectious smile and you know from the moment you meet him that you're absolutely NOT going to tell him what to do or ruin his day because he just doesn't care what anyone thinks. My aunt is a total mask freak and wears hers constantly and is irritated by anyone who doesn't wear a mask or who wears one improperly. Luckily both are pleasant to be around and are civil toward each other, but it was rather funny riding with both of them in the same car for an hour and a half all the way from Granbury to Dallas. Only a few barbs were exchanged, but I could feel my aunt's irritation at my cousin boiling just under her skin, and I could also feel the tension radiating from my cousin as he wrestled the puckish temptation to needle my aunt.

8. luvmyherd

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    >>>travel is cheap right now!!<<<
    Yep! We came in way under budget on our trip to Arkansas.

We braved Costco yesterday. It was the first time we have done a *big box* store and it was really crowded. Everyone was masked and pretty polite and my first thought was, "If we can do this; why can't we go to Disneyland?!?"

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  10. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    Our Sams club (40 miles away) is out of all the paper products again! Toilet paper, paper towels etc. Why? Seems silly as you cannot resell them. (at least Amazon has that decency to prevent over prices TP).

Iluvlilly! and Moers kiko boars like this.
  11. luvmyherd

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    Yep, there was no TP at Costco yesterday. Amazing how a few *Will there be another run on paper products?" headlines can be a self-fulfilling prophesy.

We are having a real downside Covid moment. Our son-in-law has been in serious health since last December when he had a quadruple bypass. He balks at going to the hospital when he needs to because he has to go alone. She finally had to call an ambulance last night as his oxygen levels were so low. He is in intensive care right now and could very possibly die with no family allowed in. He is only 52.
    We talked to our daughter this morning and are balancing between heading back to CA immediately or waiting for more information. He has so many close calls that there is no way we can always be there for her; but we try. She has two adult children and a 14yo to help support her but they are struggling too.

12. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Oh. I'm so sorry for your situation. Thay would be a tough situation. I hope he pulls through and starts doing better. Sending prayers(pray)

Iluvlilly! and GoofyGoat like this.
  13. goathiker

goathiker I'm watching you Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah, it's a bit more than that if you're in Seattle.
    The anarchist groups are not going to be easy to suppress. The anarchists don't vote, don't believe in government or God, and aren't backing down.
    The national guard is on standby

We actually don't know the numbers of people that they are going to be able to round up but they plan to riot no matter who is elected.
    If you want out l would guess you're already too late if it gets bad. They plan to start early tomorrow trying to create autonomous neighborhoods.

I'm so sorry about your son in law. I'm happy to hear that he was able to get into a hospital.
    Here in Oregon the hospitals are shut down and many medical people laid off.
    You can't even get an allergy shot.

Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  14. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    @luvmyherd I'm so sorry that your son in law is in intensive care. When I had my accident in May I had to spend 15 days in the hospital and endure 2 surgeries and the hardest part was not being able to see family or the talk to anyone even hospital staff. They would come in for the shortest amount of time possible, covered in those paper scrubs, masked and gloved and barely talk to you...it was horrible and even though I tested negative for covid twice they acted like I had leprsey or something....I truely feel for him. Prayers sent to you and your family for a good outcome and his health improving quickly!

Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  15. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm so sorry about your son in law.

Stay safe everyone. I think we are going to be in for a bad ride.

Moers kiko boars and GoofyGoat like this.
  16. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    @luvmyherd im so sorry. How scary for your son in law and family. Imo if he's going to pass away..what is the harm your daughter being there with him? I think its so cruel to deny families being there. Im so so sorry. ((Hugs))

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  18. luvmyherd

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    Thank you all. He is showing some improvement so we are hopeful. My daughter spent the day working so as not to curl up into a ball and cry.
    So many of his problems this past year have been exacerbated by incompetent medical staff. So frustrating.
    I can see no reason for a wife and kids not to be allowed to mask and gown for a visit.

19. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  20. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    Nothing much anyone can say that will help, but sending good thoughts and prayers for your family and son in law.