How are you guys handling the Coronavirus chaos?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by HoosierShadow, Mar 12, 2020.

1. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Great to hear about Dominique. Hopefully she will keep progressing. I hope your uncle and aunt will also be fine.

Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  2. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

The Spanish flu took allot of people back then too. Just like now. Lets hope that as always we bounce back.
    I really pray that every one that has this illness comes through it to fight another day. It sure is hell.

3. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Oh boy. Nurse Sandra Lindsey. That is one hell of a long needle. I have a huge fear of needles. I think I will pass on the vaccine. Thanks

4. goathiker

goathiker I'm watching you Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah, nobody is going to inject MRC-5 into my body without me giving them bruises.

5. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Why would you allow a non tested vaccine into your system? With most drugs of any type they are tested at least a year. Prior to human trials. I just wonder if a large group of lawyers will be getting alot of business if this vaccine causes multiple side effects.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am not getting
    The shot either.
    Same with my goats, if it is too new without any time which goes by to see the results and any issues it may bring, I will not do it.

7. goathiker

No, Obama set it up so that vaccine companies are liability free and they can't be held responsible for vaccine injuries of any kind.

8. Damfino

Damfino Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    Obama didn't do that. The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program did that in the 1980's to combat the rise in lawsuits over vaccines that were happening in the 1970's. Lawsuits (many of them frivolous) were making vaccines too costly and this was deemed a danger to public health, so Congress passed the NVICP so that people who are injured by vaccines qualify for a no-fault compensatory payout from the government. Obama made it easier for people to access government compensation for shoulder injuries caused by incorrectly administered vaccines. As a result, the number of shoulder injury claims jumped tremendously in the following years. The Trump administration has sought to tighten the regulations back up in order to discourage bogus claims.

As far as I know, the Trump administration has specifically shielded COVID-19 vaccination manufacturers from liability with an extra layer of protection beyond what was provided by the NVICP. It's easy to get political, but in the case of vaccines, liability protection has been upheld by both parties going back decades.

I'm on the fence on this one. On the one hand, insulating manufacturers from lawsuits caused by their products only encourages sloppiness. On the other hand, we live in a lawsuit-happy culture where people happily fabricate injury and illness in order to get big payouts, and this harms everyone to whom the company must pass on their legal costs. Vaccines are a collective good even if they sometimes injure a small number of people. Allowing these few individuals to extract exorbitant amounts of money for legitimate injury can cause harm to the rest who don't have bad reactions, so I can see why Congress set up a fund for limited "no fault" payouts. It's not an easy problem to solve.

9. goathiker

I understood that Obama reuped it, no worries I've studied so much the last several months that things are getting mixed up lol.
    Regardless, Robert Kennedy jr. has done a lot of work on the vaccine injuries and has won some good points in his cases.

The CDC has quietly put HCQ back in as an early cure, so therapeutics are finally being looked at.

10. AndersonRanch

AndersonRanch Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Yeah they are already working on keith to take the vaccine. He asked me what I thought and I said your choice but no way in heck would I do it! He was concerned with being around so many people, but I pointed out that it’s winter, he doesn’t go on medical aids any more and during the winter he has a lot of projects lines up where it’s mechanics and putting fire lines in. He’s really not around a lot of people. Give it the 6 months and see what happens with the vaccine by then, and then think it over.
    I’m not getting it though. I’m sure at some point it’s going to be mandatory for kids to go to school. I have no idea what I will do then. I have a feeling I will have 2 kids in homeschool if that happens which will definitely hinder my son and his education:/

11. NDinKY

NDinKY Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Kentucky
    I want the vaccine so bad. Gimmie Pfizer’s in one arm, and Moderna’s in the other! I’ve seen too many formerly healthy middle age people have severe covid/die.

I’m hopefully going to be eligible for the Moderna vaccine next week. The risk from the vaccine is far less than the risk of sequelae from contracting covid.

Now I will probably hold off on vaccinating my kids until there is more data available in pediatrics as the kids seem to overall do well if they get covid. My husband and I, my parents, and all adult family members are wanting it.

12. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    There is no way my family or I will take the vaccine. My sister and brother in law both had covid and while for my sister it was rough..both came through..my daughter who is a police officer has covid right now. She said 4 day was rough but shes better now. I think we all will know more and more people who had covid and soon this craziness will be over.

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  14. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Ugh. My sister has been diagnosed with the virus today. So guess who is getting tested again..... aaaagggghhhhh

15. Damfino

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    Uncle Steve is out of the hospital and back home. We're sure happy about that!

16. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Sorry to hear that Tanya stay safe.

Good to hear Damfino.

18. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

@toth boer goats and if I get tested again it will be the third time. If I am positive I am going to put up my tent in the middle of no where and live wild. I feel for my sister. She has a compromised imune system. I pray she can hold off on being hospitilized.
    Damfino, are you guys going to be together for Christmas?

19. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Ah and now on our news channel is saying thay South Africa has a new variance of the virus. Spreads faster and hits harder.

20. Damfino

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    I hope your sister does ok.

Phil and I rarely go anywhere or have anyone over for Christmas unless it's just a meal with local friends. We've always preferred to keep Christmas low key and make a big deal of the other holidays instead, although my in-laws did stay with us over Christmas two years ago. Unfortunately I got wretchedly sick that year with a very nasty cold, was coughing up a lung and lost my voice completely so I didn't have much fun that year. Thankfully no one else caught it!

Iluvlilly! and Tanya like this.