The Goat Spot Forum banner

1181 - 1200 of 1310 Posts

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Thank you @Moers kiko boars . She is a fighter. She keeps fighting with me....
Well. I sure hope so too. The new strain seems faster and deadlier. But I know I must be resistant by now.... after 2 battles with the giant I am still standing.
I kniw this sounds really stupid but I found wating allot of fresh frit and veggies worked wonders.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
And level 3 here we come. 9pm curfew. For nect 24 days. No public gatherings except funerals. Compulsory masks to be worn or face jail time. Restuarants are not allowed to sell alcohol. Alcohol not for sale any longer. Only businesses allowed to stay open....
At least we dont need hall passes any more.

·
8,071 Posts
I keep wondering what the alcohol deal is all about. Why are they cancelling booze? They tried that around her and the drunks almost had a rebellion. (not permitting the liquor store to be open). I don't care one way or another- was just curious.....

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Our health care is predominantly dominated by alcohol related violence and MVA due to inebriation. With no alcohol the strain that is already on the system lessens and there are beds for really sick patients. We have limited medical facilities and beds. If you dont have a medical aid you are forced to government hospitals. At best the govt hospitals cannot even cope under normal circumstances. We also have health care practitioners who actually do not care. They will let a baby die because the mother screamed too loudly during child birth. Or they will let a heart attach victim die in a hall way because they are on tea or lunch break.
Those that do care enough get ostracized and worked out by the majority due to fear of being made to look bad.
So cutting the sale of alcohol opens much needed beds and equipment.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Cutting alcohol is also supposed to cut down on risky alcohol-related behavior such as partying and otherwise fraternizing too closely with strangers in crowded spaces, not observing hygiene, not wearing a mask, etc.

Best wishes for your sister, Tanya!

My friends and relatives who were down with COVID are either recovered or at least over the hump, although I still worry about Uncle Steve because he was in no fit state to tackle any virus, let alone a novel one. He's still home, but I can see him having a turn for the worse any time due to his other conditions. The one good thing about all the problems he had last year is that he lost a lot of weight (too much really). He was never into the obese category, but any extra weight sure seems to add complications with COVID so we're grateful he wasn't carrying surplus pounds when it hit him.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I got the Moderna vaccine today, have never been so excited to get a shot before. So far no side effects except a little soreness like the flu vaccine. Tomorrow might be a different story though.

DTs are definitely a concern and why liquor stores were considered essential here. However if accidents and fights due to alcohol are the greater burden on healthcare, then I guess it makes sense to close those establishments.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Cool, um did you read the insert?

Any young person who intends to take this shot should definitely talk with a qualified doctor, especially if they plan to have children.
Sure did. Since this is not an FDA approved vaccine and is only available through EUA, they had to provide informed consent for everyone getting it. They also had a monitoring station (complete with crash cart) set up for afterwards.

I've treated too many patients with severe consequences of Covid (the number of pulmonary embolisms and strokes are astounding, to the point where we are prophylactically anticoagulating anyone with risk factors) that for me personally, the benefit of the vaccine greatly outweighs the risks.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Covid Medical kit Required at home:

1. Paracetamol
2. Betadine for mouthwash and gargle
3. Vitamin C and D3
5. B complex
6. Vapour+ capsules for steam
7. Oximeter
8. Oxygen cylinder (for emergency only)
9.Breathing Exercises

Covid Three stages:

1. Covid only in nose - recovery time is half a day. (Steam inhaling), vitamin C. Usually no fever. Asymptomatic.

2. Covid in throat - sore throat, recovery time 1 day (hot water gargle, warm water to drink, if temp then paracetamol. Vitamin C, Bcomplex. If severe than antibiotic.

3. Covid in lungs- coughing and breathlessness 4 to 5 days. (Vitamin C, B complex, hot water gargle, oximeter, paracetamol, cylinder if severe, lot of liquid required, deep breathing exercise.

Stage when to approach hospital:
Monitor the oxygen level. If it goes near 43 (normal 98-100) then you need oxygen cylinder. If available at home, then no hospital else admit.

*Stay healthy, Stay Safe!*
Please fwd to your contacts.
You never know who it may help.
Tata Group has started good initiative, they are providing free doctors consultation online through chats. This facility is started for you so that you need not to go out for doctors and you will be safe at home.

Below is the link, I request everyone to take benefit of this facility.
https://www.tatahealth.com/online-doctor-consultation/general-physician. Advice from inside isolation hospitals, we can do at home
Medicines that are taken in isolation hospitals
1. Vitamin C-1000
2. Vitamin E (E)
3. From (10 to 11) hours, sitting in the sunshine for 15-20 minutes.
4. Egg meal once ..
5. We take a rest / sleep a minimum of 7-8 hours
6. We drink 1.5 liters of water daily
7. All meals should be warm (not cold).
And that's all we do in the hospital to strengthen the immune system

Note that the pH of coronavirus varies from 5.5 to 8.5

Therefore, all we have to do to eliminate the virus is to consume more alkaline foods above the acidity level of the virus.
Such as :
Bananas
Green lemon - 9.9 pH
Yellow Lemon - 8.2 pH
Avocado - 15.6 pH
* Garlic - 13.2 pH
* Mango - 8.7 pH
* Tangerine - 8.5 pH
* Pineapple - 12.7 pH
* Watercress - 22.7 pH
* Oranges - 9.2 pH

How to know that you are infected with corona virus?

1. Itchy throat
2. Dry throat
3. Dry cough
4. High temperature
5. Shortness of breath
6. Loss of smell ....
And lemon with warm water eliminates the virus at the beginning before reaching the lungs ...
Do not keep this information to yourself. Provide it to all your family and friends.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
When I got sick last February there was no itchy throat at all. It was a 100% lung thing, and it was the same for my husband. That's what made us call it the "weird flu" at the time. There was zero sore throat and zero congestion. For a couple of days before I felt sick I had this occasional tiny weird dry cough and I couldn't figure out where the heck it was coming from because it sure as heck wasn't my throat! I'd never had a "lung" cough except briefly after inhaling super-cold air, but I wasn't inhaling super-cold air!

About two days later I crashed hard after a morning walk. I was planning to eat lunch but I was so exhausted I just collapsed in a chair by the woodstove and sat huddled there for several hours. I was freezing cold from the inside out and couldn't warm up no matter how hot I stoked the stove or no matter how close I sat to it, so I just shivered all afternoon. My husband felt the same but he had his work over Zoom so he wrapped himself in three blankets and had a space heater blasting on him all day.

We could barely drag ourselves around to do chores that evening and I had to stop and rest (catch my breath!) a couple times when hauling hay up the hill to the boys' pen. I fell asleep at 8:30 that night and slept until 8:30 the next morning (full 12 hours!) and I never woke up. I was just as cold and tired next morning as I'd been the day before. I got through chores and then sat in my chair by the woodstove all morning. I fell asleep for 2-3 hours in the afternoon and when I woke up I was suddenly fine. I still had the little weird cough (it lingered for a few days for me and two more weeks for my husband) but I had energy again. While I was sick, I had to lean on the bannister and catch my breath (and even sit down once!) after I climbed the stairs.

Afterwards I was elated because this was the first time I'd ever been sick without developing bronchitis! For me, the worst symptom of cold/flu is that it never fails to settle in my upper chest and then I have this body-wrenching cough that lasts for 2-4 weeks and I lose my voice, etc. This sickness was over in about 30 hours, 15 of which I was asleep. About a week later I had an odd thing happen which I didn't know what to think of until I read about it a few months later. My feet started itching and I had all these little red spots as though I'd gotten into poison ivy. It was winter so I hadn't been barefoot and we don't have poison ivy in our area anyway. It cleared up in a few days and I didn't know what to think of it until I found out that it can be a weird little side-effect of COVID-19. "COVID toes" are more common in children (often the only symptom), and they can be a very rare side effect of flu, but since COVID is more closely a circulatory ailment than a respiratory one, it's a lot more common with the novel coronavirus. Apparently it's an after-effect of reduced oxygen to the extremities. My 9-year-old nephew had a rash on his toes and fingers last March with no other illness other than feeling "off" a week or so before, and this is apparently very common in COVID+ children.

By now it seems like almost everyone I know has either had COVID or is recovering. It's nice to see so many on "the other side". Phil's aunt and uncle are still in the worst shape but apparently they're starting to breathe a little easier lately.

·
8,071 Posts
They kept everyone in a panic over Covid 19. Then when people started getting tired of the drama and nonsense and lies, they have come out with a stronger corona virus. Why can't "they" just be truthful instead of all the theatrics and lies? Quit crying wolf, over and over...
Yes, it exists, yes it is contagious, yes, it kills. But, do we live in our basements the rest of our life? I am tired of all the bologna! Use common sense, don't go in public if you are ill, etc.

·
Super Moderator
58,246 Posts
They kept everyone in a panic over Covid 19. Then when people started getting tired of the drama and nonsense and lies, they have come out with a stronger corona virus. Why can't "they" just be truthful instead of all the theatrics and lies? Quit crying wolf, over and over...
Yes, it exists, yes it is contagious, yes, it kills. But, do we live in our basements the rest of our life? I am tired of all the bologna! Use common sense, don't go in public if you are ill, etc.
Agree. Tired of it all. Sad how many lives this is destroying with shutdowns and curfews.

1181 - 1200 of 1310 Posts