The Goat Spot Forum banner
1761 - 1780 of 1867 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Lol, we've been married 37 years. I've seen, done, gotten through the words many times before.

Getting the bedroom ready to rearrange. I guess he will be on oxygen for quite awhile.
I need to make room for that and still keep the dog crate up.
Sorry he has been rude but between him feeling bad and we all know how men are when sick. Let it roll off like water and be happy he is still around to complain.

Praying for kind words and healing.
Hang in there .

·
I'm watching you
22,567 Posts
Waiting for DH's CT scan tonight
His lungs are having trouble learning to breathe again. They are going to look for blood clotting.

He's doing much better mentally. The nurses have been counseling when they can.

I must say, if he had to end up in the middle of a huge outbreak, he landed in a very good hospital.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Glad you're home Happybleats!

I hope Don improves very soon, Goathiker

There was a lot of good news at team sorting tonight. The lady's mom who was in the hospital on a ventilator for two weeks suddenly improved dramatically, got off the ventilator, and today she left the hospital and is in a rehab center. She lost a ton of weight but is feeling pretty good considering what she went through.

The heavyset lady who was coughing and short of breath two weeks ago was at team sorting tonight and is still coughing some and her voice is rough, but she is no longer short of breath and she looks a whole lot better. When I saw her two weeks ago she looked pretty drained just from normal activity. Her color was "off" and she was panting a lot despite not doing much at the murder mystery ride. Tonight she was racing around on her horse with her normal high energy and good color.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
It sounds like good news all around!

@happybleats I’m so glad you are home! Take it easy and don’t do too much right away because I know you’ll be tempted.

@goathiker How are you feeling now? And I’m glad Don is in a good hospital. Thank goodness for small favors. I hope all goes well with the scan.

@Damfino, that’s great news about the mom and other lady. There are so many times when it is not a good ending to all this, so it is great to hear about the good ones.

You’d never know my brother and his wife (and their kids) were sick. I can’t believe how quickly they bounced back. I’m definitely grateful they are all doing well. I was worried about my brother because he just refused to ask for help with his cattle, horses, and land. He’s a control freak when it comes to those and I thought he’d work himself to death, but thankfully he feels 100% better now. And his wife never got super sick and took care of herself better, so she recovered quicker than he did.

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
@happybleats Thank god you’re well enough to be home! I’m sure it’s quite a relief!
@goathiker oh my I’m so sorry that had to be terrifying, so glad he’s doing better. Coming in touch with ones own mortality is very hard on someone mentally. Don’t take his words to heart. He’s scared and being unable to see you weighs heavily on his mind. Hang in there! Prayers for you both!

·
Registered
31,515 Posts
Thank you all. Its been difficult being am incharge get her done person now reduced to needing help to walk 🙄 I know this weakness is due to laying in a hospital bed way too long and will pass. Breathing is of course a challenge. Keeping oxygen level up. I have a home unit and instructions to strengthen my lungs...so we will be fine. Road looks fun. But there is a road!!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Thank you all. Its been difficult being am incharge get her done person now reduced to needing help to walk 🙄 I know this weakness is due to laying in a hospital bed way too long and will pass. Breathing is of course a challenge. Keeping oxygen level up. I have a home unit and instructions to strengthen my lungs...so we will be fine. Road looks fun. But there is a road!!
Just don't try to over do it. Watch your oxygen and do your best to hang in there.

It's getting crazy around here. Children are starting to die from different schools across the state and I am amazed at how many are being kept hush hush. Not sure how it's not public news. So far 23 school children I have been either told about or seen articles on but not readily seen unless searching for them. A friends family member goes to one school were two died and one is on a ventilator.

Please everyone be safe and hang in there.

·
Registered
31,515 Posts
This is a sad day we live in for sure

·
Registered
747 Posts
Tested positive yesterday. The night before I had body aches and chills and a congested head so took the test. Then took a nap, sweated about 20 pounds of fluid and felt better. Last night same thing, the chills then super hot and woke up feeling fine except for a congested head and runny nose and I think a low grade fever (can’t find a thermometer that hasn’t been in a goat or dogs butt lol)
Tested the kids and they are negative and totally healthy. Tested my husband and also negative but can’t smell anything. So they get to sell their fair animals while I sit at home (cry).

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Tested positive yesterday. The night before I had body aches and chills and a congested head so took the test. Then took a nap, sweated about 20 pounds of fluid and felt better. Last night same thing, the chills then super hot and woke up feeling fine except for a congested head and runny nose and I think a low grade fever (can’t find a thermometer that hasn’t been in a goat or dogs butt lol)
Tested the kids and they are negative and totally healthy. Tested my husband and also negative but can’t smell anything. So they get to sell their fair animals while I sit at home (cry).
So sorry. Glad the kids are negative and healthy. Hang in there and rest up.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I’m actually not near as bad as other people that have or have had it.
Today really just felt like a bad cold. I’m feeling a little worse right now but took my aspirin and going to just go to bed. But totally baffled how I have it and no one else, I have even been super cautious this last month to not screw anything up from the kids being able to show and sell this year.

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
I’m actually not near as bad as other people that have or have had it.
Today really just felt like a bad cold. I’m feeling a little worse right now but took my aspirin and going to just go to bed. But totally baffled how I have it and no one else, I have even been super cautious this last month to not screw anything up from the kids being able to show and sell this year.
I am sorry yiu are ill. Aspirine helps for body ache. To avoid the cough catching you get something to dry up those sinuses. This thing goes from sinus straight to lung. Hope you feel better soon. Oh and lots of sleep and honey tea.

1761 - 1780 of 1867 Posts