The Goat Spot Forum banner
1781 - 1800 of 1867 Posts

·
Registered
31,515 Posts
Boy. My lungs hurt. But I'm getting stronger. My whole house hold was sick. Hubs was pretty bad but slept alot. My kids recovered quickly. I was recovering well then crashed. So weird how this virus works. My dr said you take a man made virus and expect it to act normal. Not happening..she said it's all a race to figure the next stage to help patients get back on their feet quickly. She said it's ever changing.
I found out that my main nurse who is from Haiti, lost her brother right before coming to our hospital in an earthquake in Haiti. And she never showed her pain. Staff just found out. I'm so sad for her. She was my guardian angel. These people are brought in by FIMA I think to come into heavy covid areas and take that wing. They are amazing. I have heard them pray over patients, motivate them to fight..all along giving the care to keep us going. They deserve our gratitude for sure and need our prayers!!

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
5,743 Posts
Hey there @AndersonRanch ..so glad you are on here. Ive been worried about you. Staying down to recover is hard for you. Im glad you are taking meds.
@goathiker ..Glad to hear DH is better. I know this is hard on you. Pleas take care, so DH can come home soon.
@happybleats .So Thankful you are home. Take it easy. The more you do as the Dr says....the sooner you will be back and all over those goats.!

Im sick & tired of the Lies and Fake News. Please each of you take care and dont take chances. Stay safe & healthy. Praying for all of you & your families!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Yes, be proactive to keep it from traveling to your lungs. Tussin extra strength worked well for me when I had it.
Ok I’ll pick some up today. I’ve just been taking allergy pills and DayQuil which just kinda helps with the sore throat, and isn’t even that bad. My sister said to sleep on my stomach but as much as I tried last night I just couldn’t. My son is coughing today so we stayed home from the awards. My husband is getting Gypsy and our tack and coming home. I think what is bothering me the most is the aches in my knees back and finger joints. But today I plan on sleeping the day away once I get everything watered. I found every bucket I own yesterday and filled up for the chickens just in case I go down hill.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Ok I’ll pick some up today. I’ve just been taking allergy pills and DayQuil which just kinda helps with the sore throat, and isn’t even that bad. My sister said to sleep on my stomach but as much as I tried last night I just couldn’t. My son is coughing today so we stayed home from the awards. My husband is getting Gypsy and our tack and coming home. I think what is bothering me the most is the aches in my knees back and finger joints. But today I plan on sleeping the day away once I get everything watered. I found every bucket I own yesterday and filled up for the chickens just in case I go down hill.
Just don't sleep on your back. Sleep on your side and put something behind your back to keep from rolling over during your sleep. If you do sleep in stomach wake up and move about every 3 to 4 hours. One medical friend told me tongues can swell a bit which is why they rotate those in the hospital often.

Hoping fast recovery for all!

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
I’m actually not near as bad as other people that have or have had it.
Today really just felt like a bad cold. I’m feeling a little worse right now but took my aspirin and going to just go to bed. But totally baffled how I have it and no one else, I have even been super cautious this last month to not screw anything up from the kids being able to show and sell this year.

Our oldest son never got it and he was in the house and bed and houmagandy with dil. Dil and baby got it. Paul and I did too.

I will say. Day 5-8 were the worst for Paul and I. Then just the exhaustion for a weekish after all symptoms were gone sucked.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I know and I have been a huge back sleeper the last few months with my back giving me issues. But the good thing is I’m so tired when I sleep I crash on my sore eventually and don’t move. So far I’m able to stay fairly active during the day. I get everything done and when I start feeling really bad or achy I just go to bed for a hour or so. It’s mostly the achy that is bothering me.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I just want to say that I feel for everyone here who is being affected by this relentless virus and hope for full recoveries for you and your loved ones.
My niece's wedding observed no protocols at all with lots of hugging and dancing.
We are fully vaccinated but still kept our distance and stayed either outside or near the doors. We will be waiting to hear if anyone who was there ends up sick.

·
8,393 Posts
We went to an outdoor wedding-a real farm wedding! Complete with a tractor, in the 2nd cut hayfield! Big tent, 250 people. We sat on the Southern end with
a really brisk (20 mph) wind from the South. DH has had the shot. But, I don't do crowds in a good year, so, we went outside the tent to get the food,
stayed for a short time, congratulated the bride and groom(his dad has helped us with our farm machinery, we owe him so much) and left.

Now I am going to worry for 2 weeks about the stupid covid. (we never got closer than 10 feet from anyone,
kept wind to our backs, etc!, can you say "paranoid")?

·
Registered
31,515 Posts
Good for you going!!.what better way to celebrate in open air.. much safer really!!
even after getting covid and it kicking my butt..I will not stop living life. I will not stop Enjoying family and social events. I will however, continue to respect others rights for safety. Covid has stollen so much from us already. Love ones, our sense of safe...I won't let it steal my happy times. I won't live in fear, rather live ready to fight when needed. Living life is the best medicine. Of course we need to do our part in slowing the spread and such. But don't stop living!

Ps. I sure don't mean to sound condescending. The past 3 years have been one health battle after another. Life has thrown me under the bus it seems but I keep coming up swinging. I don't plan to stop now!!

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
[QUOTE="Goats Rock, post: 2552245, member: 6

Now I am going to worry for 2 weeks about the stupid covid. (we never got closer than 10 feet from anyone,
[/QUOTE]

I do not think it is paranoid at all to be concerned. I am not very worried about us but I worry about the other people if it turns out they were exposed. But on the other hand; they made their choices and we made ours.
We waited until the line was gone before we went up for food. The caterers were professionals so here's hoping they were cautious. The venue was a huge barn open at each end so good air flow.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
We went to an outdoor wedding-a real farm wedding! Complete with a tractor, in the 2nd cut hayfield! Big tent, 250 people. We sat on the Southern end with
a really brisk (20 mph) wind from the South. DH has had the shot. But, I don't do crowds in a good year, so, we went outside the tent to get the food,
stayed for a short time, congratulated the bride and groom(his dad has helped us with our farm machinery, we owe him so much) and left.

I am constantly paranoid this days. You never know if a student is allergies or covid these days. We have a horse show Saturday if we don't get rained/stormed out and we still use precautions when attending.

Glad you got to enjoy the wedding even if paranoid ;)

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Good for you going!!.what better way to celebrate in open air.. much safer really!!
even after getting covid and it kicking my butt..I will not stop living life. I will not stop Enjoying family and social events. I will however, continue to respect others rights for safety. Covid has stollen so much from us already. Love ones, our sense of safe...I won't let it steal my happy times. I won't live in fear, rather live ready to fight when needed. Living life is the best medicine. Of course we need to do our part in slowing the spread and such. But don't stop living!

Ps. I sure don't mean to sound condescending. The past 3 years have been one health battle after another. Life has thrown me under the bus it seems but I keep coming up swinging. I don't plan to stop now!!
It's do hard to live a life these days. Lost one of the old hay guys to covid last year and a farrier before that. Every where you look there is bad news being shared. It's just trying to live what you can for now.

Hang in there!

·
Registered
31,515 Posts
Prayers Jill!!!

1781 - 1800 of 1867 Posts