The Goat Spot Forum banner
1861 - 1880 of 1983 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,783 Posts
@goathiker I'm so sorry Don's not improving yet but don't loose hope!! He can still rally!
my hospital bill is coming in slowly now too. I will apply for assistance through the hospital which should cut quite a bit off then I'll make monthly payme to as we can afford. Hang in there friend!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
So sorry Cathy 😪
They never called about putting in the trach. I think that I need to face that Don will probably not come home.
His bills are coming in now. He left me so completely in debt that I'll probably be homeless soon.
Guess it's my turn.
Praying extra hard for you all. Maybe call places about covid relieve aid. There should be some one to help out with bills since its covid related. Hoping they can get him trach soon.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Goathiker I am so sorry your world is crashing down around you. You are one of the strongest people I know. Keep being strong and don’t give up hope!
I remember hearing something on the news. You will have to look into it but if I remember correctly there is a CARES act that will help with bills for those that do not have health insurance.
When my dad had to go to the ER years ago and they didn’t have any health insurance one of my moms friends told her to call the hospital and talk to them about lowering the bill. They give health insurance companies a huge break in the bill, so ask for that discount. I don’t think they fully discounted it for my parents but they did lower it some. Hospitals add So much on that they can cut it down. I have insurance but they still send me a copy of the bill they are going to submit to the insurance company. When Joshua broke his arm they charged $30 for two IBprofen pills. So I would call, be firm and see what they can do for you.

·
Super Moderator
31,783 Posts
Ditto. In my thoughts and prayers

1861 - 1880 of 1983 Posts