The Goat Spot Forum banner
1881 - 1900 of 1983 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Don passed at 5:00 this evening without ever waking up. He will be sorely missed.
We are all so sorry for your loss. There are no words we can say to be enough, but know each and every one of us here are praying for your comfort in this difficult time. We love you and wish we could make everything better if only we could. This pandemic has sucked and it has taken more than its fair share.

If there is anything you need let us know. We may not have much but think the world of you.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Jill, I've always admired your presence, knowledge and wit on TGS. The way Don contracted the virus and endured treatment alone just stinks. I hope you know and feel that anything your MIL or the hospital said or did (or anyone else), you did your best- giving the hospital staff needed time to care for their patients and caring for your self and your farm (?) was the right thing to do and Don, as you said, would want the same.

The gold digger comments, well, it's a little funny to me because it's ludicrous (given what you've shared). When my grandmother passed away one of her last comments was something about 6 yards of black spaghetti. Don't take it personally; it's nonsensical.

When our hearts break, a little light is let in. I hope you can see the light some day soon.

·
Super Moderator
31,783 Posts
Oh Jill. My heart sunk when I read Don passed away. I'm so deeply sorry. There are no words. ((Hugs)). 😔

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.