The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All-Was wondering what you all think of these goats (Nigerian Dwafts).
I know that they are really not step up right and their conformations aren't the best. We are trying to decide who to bring to our 4H fair.
Lorcan (black) was being a little turd and wouldn't stand still because it was right before feeding time. Lorcan and Bailey B are weathers (our 4H fair has a market/virgin doe/fun show) And Nora and Grainne are does (the brown ones). I'm not sure how you are supposed to upload them and in what order they will appear so i'll probably just comment who is who.
They are mostly pets but we are going to bred the does when they are older and plan to try and breed up. They (the does and one of the weathers)are registered and are just over a year old. Sorry they aren't shaved down or anything. All three of the darker ones are triplets, and Bailey B the Couclair is not.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank y'all !
As for the boys, my sister wanted to show in the market class. I know our 4H leader has her kid showing Nigerians in market but not sure if they are good enough for that? They are shown at the same time with does that haven't been bred.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Thank y'all !
As for the boys, my sister wanted to show in the market class. I know our 4H leader has her kid showing Nigerians in market but not sure if they are good enough for that? They are shown at the same time with does that haven't been bred.
No Nigerians are not good for market classes. You could show them in market but they wouldn't do much, if anything. You would want a Boer or Boer cross for a market class. Nigerians are bred.to have a way different look and style over all

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was kinda confused by that when my 4h leader kept saying i should show them in market.
Thanks for clearing that up. I think my sister may show in market just for the experience and for learning purposes but im sticking to showmanship. They do have a weather class thats not market... I'm not sure what they are judging for there.
Thanks!

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
The brown doe emilieanne was talking about looks weak in the chine and has a steep rump. I don't think I would go for her. I might go for Lorcan.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Well, one is a wether and the other is a doe! It is easy to show both, as they will most likely have separate classes ;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah we are taking all of the goats. I'm not so into the market thing so that's fine i didn't get goats for that, my family wanted pets and milkers. We love our weathers and are going to do showmanship with them. Thanks for all the help!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts