How big is to big

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Coraxfeather, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Um Um my little boy has a big bellie on him. When do I need to be concered if he might be getting a bit over weight and when he what do I do about it.

He is gettigna rollie pollie bellie. I think he is maken up for the time he was skinny becasue he had his head caught in the fence. Now he is starten to worry about beign a little to over weight. he is still running around and playign and being Pani just a bit more there to love.

2. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008

3. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Thank you when I get back over there I will check him.

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Depends on when he was born Ann, what's his birthday? Mind that he is part pygmy so he should be a bit round.....also when was his last fecal done?

5. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    last fecal was last fall with the other animals in the farm. And he was born March 10 and 10:30 am *smirks* I am going to get pic of his fat bellie

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Ann, I have a pygmy doeling that was born Feb 20,she is built as a true pygmy should be, short and squat. She is now 11 months old and stands 16 inches at the shoulder and weighs 30 pounds.

7. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Believe it or nto that sounds like what Pani is. He is short and squat but has a rollie pollie bellie. Actuly I think he is a bit bigger cause my boss's year old babies are smaller then him.

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    If he is up to date with wormings and is getting the correct goat type foods and not too much as far as treats go, I'd say he is a growing boy, and if he is still intact and not wethered he will grow bigger faster as most bucks will.

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    he is a spoiled baby --- they tend to get a little extra round. I am sure that it is just all hay belly though

10. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Ya I know he is spoiled. Just a worry wort that is all.

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you wouldnt be a good mommy if you didnt worry just a little